Search This Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013

How Much Do You Know About Swiftlet Farming?

 (The nesting planks arrangement with 45* corners installed)

A very interesting story about a guy who wanted to buy meranti wood for his new BH.

Yesterday late afternoon I received a message from a BH owner who was searching for high quality nesting planks.

I have never met him but replied to him nicely.

During the message talk I asked him about his BH size and how many stories.

After that calculated the tonnage that he need to purchase.

Got him the price plus the cost to ship the planks to his BH location.

He was very happy with my prompt reply.

Well when the order was in place I begin to wonder how knowledgeable is this guy on swiftlet farming.

What I did next was to ask him to email to me his BH sketches so that I can give him some useful comments.

I told him that if he is not careful with the design and the internal partitioning those birds might not want to be his tenant.

Also reminded him that the percentage of successful BH is very low especially if he is new and very little knowledge about those swiftlet.

I wish he came to attend my swiftlet farming seminar.

But let see if he response to my request to have a good look at his BH design and internal partitioning.

No comments: