During my recent visit to Paya Berenjut Kemaman I was allowed to inspect the revamped BH.
The owner was ready with his part to apply a new and thicker super pheromone nesting planks aroma.
During the application I took some moment to view the BH nest population.
My observations are as follows:
1) Those birds seems to prefer staying inside the VIP room.
2) Out of the many nests inside only one stayed at the hall and not inside the VIP room.
3) There were two favorite locations and each was to either the right or left of the entrance door of the VIP room.
4) The most number of tenant seems to be on the right hand side of the room way back closed to the back wall.
5) The second favorite spot was at the left hand side facing the side wall.
6) They seems to be in two separate groups and I have a strong feeling that they are made of two separate colonies.
7) They seems to used either the 90* corners or the fake nests.
8) Those using the industrial rubber fake nests seems to have recycled their nests for at least two times.
Overall the performance looks very positive and I believed after the introduction of the 2X liquid pheromone the nests numbers will jump to at least two times or more.
Have gave some words to the BH owner what to look out for and perhaps keep me inform on the progress.
This BH do conformed to my prediction where those wild birds moved to the back of the building where it was heat shielded.
Prior to heat shielding those birds prefer to be at the middle or at the side walls.
Now they move further to the back closed to the wall where the room darkness is at its maximum and is suitable to raise a family.
We were never informed about these special requirements and we will only discovered upon deeper understanding of their behavior pattern.
I hope this discoveries will help all BH owners.
Remember we need to understand more above what they likes and dislikes.
Try to learn more about them.
One of the best way is to attend Swiftlet Farming Seminar conducted by Mr Harry.
My next Seminar will be on November 9th 2013 at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya Selangor.
Call 017 7551318 to book your seat.