Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Figs Tree With Plentiful Of Insects!!!


I was a kind of killing my time while waiting to meet a friend in Penang on Sunday November 17th 2013.

What I did was to visit a Figs tree located somewhere at Bagan Ajam, Seberang Prai, Penang.

This Figs tree is at a fringe of a Muslim cemetery but its branches can be reached from the fence dividing the cemetery and a highway.

I used to visit this one very often and one more about 50 meters away.

The 50 meters away went dead and the whole tree which was about 50 feet in height was without a single leaf.

I parked my can at about 200 meters away and walk with some tools to air layered the branches.

The moment I arrived I was very pleased to see the tree with lots of figs fruits ripening.

When there are figs fruits there will be insects.

The whole tree was actually filled with insects.

Just imagine they also crawled on my legs.

I took some pictures and video clips to share with my blog readers.

The best thing that I did was to propagate the tree using air layering technique.

With a knife, aluminum foil, cable tie and a wet grassy material I managed to air layered about 12 branches.

Within the next two months I should see enough roots for propagation.

If you are interested to purchase the rooting branch please let me know.

It will be for sale at RM 50 a piece.

You can just dig a hole in the ground and bury the rooting part.

With adequate watering the branch will start to produce new shoots within a few weeks.

Call me at 017 7551318 and in the meantime enjoy the clips and pictures provided.

























No comments: