Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Kulim BH Design !!!



After writing the visit report of a BH located at Karangan, Kulim I though to myself about the design that it uses.

"Harry, don't you think this BH design is not as good as the one at Sungai Rambai or Bruas?"

"Hmm may be the Cenih BH design is better than all the rest?"

" No no the one in Maran is better?"

"I think the best is still in Bruas"

The above keep playing in my brain and I think there must be a kind of method to gauge which design is better than the other.

My personal feeling for the best design is one that have the ability to bring the most number of birds at the shortest possible time.

The nest population inside this super design BH must be the one which have the most nest at the lowest floor, medium nests number on the middle floors and the least nests number on the top most floor.

Based on the above I prefer the one in Bruas, Perak.

The BH in Kulim failed to comply both the main requirement plus the second criteria.

The 30 nests inside this BH was mainly on the top most floor.

About five on the third floor, two on the first floor and three on the lowest floor.

No, it seem like as if those birds have difficulties to find the lower floors.

As such I would like to disqualify this particular tunnel design.

The best is the LAL on the floor and the flight path at an angle downwards.

So if you are new and wanted to start your own BH please think about what the above criteria and maybe you should think carefully before beginning the BH construction.

No comments: