Search This Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 2013 Swiftlet Farming Seminar !!!


There were only nine participants and it went well.

Three from "Sandakan", two from Vietnam, two from The Phillipine, one from Dungun and one from Manchester UK.

We have one "ahmo" (white) from UK who wanted to conduct a research on swiftlet farming in urban areas.

Two from the Philippine dropped by when they discovered about my Seminar while having their honeymoon in Malaysia.

One unfortunate thing that happened was that one of the Vietnamese participant changed his plane ticket and rush back home since the Haiyan storm was approaching his hometown.

Other than that the seminar went well.

Beside me giving the talk for the whole day, I managed to get the two Vietnamese who happened to be my old student to talk about their extra ordinary success in swiftlet farming.

The one from Danang showed how he started and came to Malaysia to learn about swiftlet farming about 2 years and 3 months ago.

He knows nearly nothing about swiftlet farming but after learning both theory and practical from Pak Harry he now is one of the most successful swiftlet farming in Vietnam.

One of his recent project secured 2000 birds within 9 months.

A very very happy student and I hope he will do well in all his future project.

I am very grateful to have them back in KL.

The next day invited them to Melaka to view a BH that was recently modified.

All that came were impressed with the amount of effort put into the BH.

I am glad that they learn so much and hopefully more will attend my next Seminar.

I schedule to organize one more in February 2014.

Call me for your seat booking.




No comments: