Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

After Almost 5 Years With Only 50 Nests !!!

(This article refer to this BH in Kota Bahru Kelantan)


He keep asking the same question more than 5 times.

"Pak Harry is my BH okay? Is it a sick BH?" this question was from a blog reader.

I was pretty hungry and about to park my car in Sungai Patani and my mobile phone rang.

The man who answer was apologetic.

"Pak Harry can I have your time to talk about my BH?" his first word.

I replied okay and I think that was the beginning of nearly 30 minutes non stop barrage of questions.

He stumbled upon my blog and have been reading ever since.

He explained about his BH which is about 40 feet by 35 feet by 4 stories.

It was initially designed to be 30 feet by 70 feet by 4 stories but last minute changed it to the current size.

So far he harvested about 30-40 nests and his main query was that is his BH doing okay?

I explained to him that it is best that he invite me to fly down to Kota Baru Kelantan and let me make my observations.

As far as I can hear the total number of nests of about 50 is not a good figure.

I stressed about Kelantan and state with lots of birds and to have only 50 nests after 4 years is not a very good sign.

"I think your BH might be too bright and those birds are reluctant to become your permanent tenant" I told him.

No my BH is dark and I have a BH contractor who confirmed that, he argued with me.

How do you judge darkness for a BH nesting room? He asked.

I told him to get someone to stand about two feet away and you cannot see his face.

Wow that dark ka?  I don't think it is that very dark.  He replied.

This seems to be the basic and if you cannot get to this level of darkness your BH have a very strong chance of not doing well.

After going around and around I told him that my best advice for him is to get someone who have the expertise to inspect a BH and get him to write down all the wrong things inside.

Once that is done follow the recommendations and wait for the result.

I would say that within a few short months the nests number can be increase by 100 percent.

He promised to call me back once he have made his final decision.


No comments: