Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Those Figs Trees Planted At Kapar BH Are Doing Well !!!


(Insect generating Figs Tree Growing well)


I have planted six figs trees around Kapar BH and all are doing well.

I took the initiative without any help from the owner.

I told myself that the only way to proof that my theory that Figs trees will help to generate those insects is to plant them around BHs.

Now nearly all BHs that engaged me to revamp them plus with lots of extra land around it will have a few of these figs trees.

One of the first was at Jenjarom, Dengkil Selangor.

I will air layered them using a 10 foot high tree planted a few years ago and once they start to root out will cut and transfer them straight onto the ground.

So far there are a number of BHs benefited from this idea.

Beside Jenjarom BH there is one more at Kapar, Kuala Selangor.

At first I planted one but after a few short months I increased the number to a total of six.

All six looks well and I upgraded their footing with those red bricks and the fenders.

The bricks help to prevent water from flowing out during watering.

My main problem will be those wild macaque monkeys.  It seems that they have been a great nuisance to the land owners around this BH.

What I plan to do during my next visit is to bring some fertilizer that are used to help in plant growth.

I believed within a few years (3 years at least) these figs trees will start to fruit and will help to bring in those insects if needed.

A few more will be good for this BH.

Will plant at least three more in the next few weeks.


(How it looks like when I first planted)

(Now after 2 months)


(Young shoot coming out and showing good sign)


(Another branch with a young shoot too)

Once they start fruiting they will look something like these pics:


(See those insects on the fruits?)

(The fruits once ripe will turned black)

(The fruits will grow all over the branches)




The figs fruits will be all over those branches and each fruit will produce at least 50 figs warps.

Just imagine if there are 10,000 fruits.

The moment those figs warps are released they will surround the tree canopy and will attract those swiftlet to eat them.

A very useful method on how to attract those swiftlet to visit the BH by supplying them with food.

No comments: