I took some time to inspect the Rantau BH.
This BH was revamped about one month ago and showing some progress.
While doing some sound testing a BH owner who owned a BH just at the back wanted some advise about his BH.
He could not allow me to enter his BH since the keys were not with him but the developer.
"I have a contract signed with the developer and the contract was 1.5 years (18 months)" he said.
Since I could not inspect his BH I laid down a few important ideas that he might want to consider.
1) He need to check about his contract period with the developer. If already due he should arrange to collect his BH keys and allow me to check what can be done to improve the BH.
2) One very important observation made on all the 27 BHs was that they used those top entry system,. My recommendation to him was to look into installing a monkey house box above the top entry hole. Those young birds prefer the monkey house entry type more as compared to roof opening.
3) He need to increase the number of internal and external sound tweeters inside his BH. From my experience revamping the current BH I think they are not adequate.
4) Beside tweeters I told him about the important of installing those fake nests. Currently the developer have very little liking to fake nest. They never install any.
5) He need to change his old sounds and most important is the internal sound. I think the internal sound used is similar to the revamped BH. They are not suitable to bring in more birds to stay at night.
6) My recommendation include the planting of those figs tress on the excess land around his BH. Those open areas around the lake looks promising.
7) He need some one with lots of experience to manage his BH until the nest population are above 1000 nests. Once this is achieved he will have lesser problems to populate the entire house.
After listening to all these ideas he told me that he will check his contract terms and will arrange to invite me to take a closer look what is wrong with his BH.
I hope he will call me soon.