Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Latest Progress On Bird Count Gadget Installed At Kapar BH !!!



After three months the nests numbers are growing steadily after my revamp works.

This can be seen from the outside of the BH (data room).

What happened at this Kapar BH is what should be done in all BHs.

I tried using this counter machine and it shows an outstanding results.

During the first week the figures on the screen pops out like this:

(Screen as at May 31st 2014)

Average per day on week 31st May 2014 was 158 birds.

After three months the figures increased to this:

(Screen as at August 8th 2014)

This week the week of 8th August the daily average number of birds entering per day was 343 birds.

This is an increase of about 342% within 101 days or three months and 9 days.

Most of the daily numbers were above 200 except on Monday August 4th 2014 showing 9 below 200 i.e 191.

The gadget help me with the daily counting and every Saturday after 8:30 pm the owner or his wife need to snap a photo on the screen.

It might be a bit tedious to continuously monitoring the progress but this give the BH owner a very good picture on what is happening with his BH.

Most BH owners, who use the conventional method, will only know of any progress by visiting their BH and carry out the nest number counting but this gadget gives the owner via the number of birds that entered his BH every day.

It might cost a fair bit but I think it is worth the money spend.

Will try to report on the progress of the growth every three months.

My new target now is to push all the daily numbers to be above 250 birds per day.

Give me about two months from now.

This BH is under my close observation and during my weekly visit I will be doing the followings:

1) Inspection on the sounds on each floor. Some time the internal sounds are dead with no specific reason.

2) I will carry out NKS (Nest Kick Start) operation on any new spot that shows signs of new tenants.

3) I will continue the application of Super Pheromone 2X concentration on all those fake nests with no tenant. My main reason is to make the fake nest more attractive to the birds when they fly in complete darkness.

4) Check on the insect generating system using Lukut (broken rice) on the top floor below the monkey house. Installed about 20 containers of the broken rice and now showing a lot of insects flying in and out of the containers.

5)  Water those young Figs trees.  So far 6 trees are planted and all are doing well.  Recently installed those brick curbs to allow water to be trap at the truck.  Need to apply fertilizer too.

6) When required the external sounds are changed.

7) Check on all the humidifiers on each floor.


So far so good and I am sure the owner realized that those activities were not included in the revamp scope of works.

I am doing this on my own initiative to see what more should be done to quickly improve the nests numbers after every revamp operations.

One of my plan is to conduct a force harvest soon.

If you owned a BH and is not doing well please call me at 017 7551318.

No comments: