Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kapar BH: Sound Distribution Seems To Be Affecting This BH !!!



On Friday August 15th 2014, I dropped by at Kapar and  inspected a BH with weird entrance hole location.

The owner allowed me to hold to the BH keys and told me to drop by any time that I am free.

I took the task to revamp this BH about 3 months ago.

My intention was to carry out the NKS (Nest Kick Start) operation.

The NKS is my pattern right idea in helping a new BH with little nests to quickly populate it.

Please read these two articles:

NKS 1:  Lets Get Ready To NKS !!! 


NKS 2 :   NKS: You Have To Assist Your Tenants To Build Their Nests !!!

I was tracing for any new bird shit spots on the floor and at the same time any saliva markings on the nesting planks or internal sound tweeters.

The owner joined the operation since he wanted to learn more about the NKS idea.

What I discovered was the pattern of nests marking on this particular floor.


It seems that there were more markings and more nests at the hall as compared to the VIP room.

Nearly 80% of those internal sound playing tweeters at the hall areas were with nests or markings.

I asked the owner if he observed the same?

His answer was yes and he asked me why?

I told him to do these things:

First I asked him to listen to the sound.

I specifically asked him to compare the sound volume at the hall area and the sound volume at VIP room.

He quickly took a walk around and he came back and confirmed what I wanted him to know.

"Yes Pak Harry the sound volume in the hall area is louder than the VIP room." he confirmed my theory.

I quickly told him that it should be the other way round.  The sound inside the VIP room should be louder and the Hall area lower.

I told him that once we finished the NKS operation on the top floor we shall check or perhaps correct the sound distribution.

After completing the NKS operation I took him to the data room and I told him exactly what I wanted to do and asked him to climb up to check if the reverse happened (sound volume).

What I did was to switch the cable that was connected to the left side of the amplifier outlet to the right side and vice verse.

He came down and told me that yes now the sound inside the VIP room was louder as compared to the Hall areas.

I stressed to him why I wanted the VIP room sound to be louder.

My main reason was to teach him something about those swiftlet behaviour.

When any new couple enter your BH they will immediately locate the loudest playing, clearest sound, tweeter.  This will become their favourite spot in the whole house, unless something is not proper (too bright).

If there is a group of birds that entered at the same time, the leader of the group will take the loudest making sound tweeters.

His macai will take the next tweeters with the loudest sound.

So if you wanted them to occupy the top floor you make your top floor sound to be the loudest.

Soon once you are happy with that floor you can then concentrate to pull them to the next floor.

Just by manipulating the sound volume you can actually push them where you want them to make their nests.

If you think that I am lying just try this simple idea and proof that I am wrong.!!!!

Let us bet on this and I think you will loose.

Call me at 017 7551318 if you wish to know more about why they love those loud sound.

No comments: