Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Karak BH: Something That I Wanted Not To Remember !!!



In 2012 I was awarded a job to erect this BH in Karak and promised to complete the job within 7 months.

Since I was not familiar with the construction and deals with hardware suppliers I appointed an old friend with some experiences in BH construction.

He was from Segamat and the BH was in Karak.

He started well but along the way he was awarded another job in Johor.

This was when my problem with him started.

He channeled some or most of the monies that was supposed to be used for Karak BH to his new job.

Every time he called he will be demanding for money.

Some time he threatened to abandon the job if he is not paid within 24 hours. WTF.  24 hours notice is simply unfair I told him.

I never paid late and all previous payments were based on the agreed payment schedule.

In the meantime the weather was not very friendly either.  Nearly the whole 7 months during the construction period it pours and pours.

Some of the days nothing can be carried out when the rain went haywire.

The road leading to the BH was getting clogged with pits and one land owner, in between the main road and the BH under construction, started a war on me and my contractor.

He erected a steel gate and pad locked the steel gate until we do something about the road.

In the beginning I ordered about 12 trucks of crusher runs but after showing some improvements the land owner was still not satisfied.

He locked  the gate again.

This time he demanded another 10 lorry loads of crusher run.

My budget went crazy and if he demanded so I will be running at a big loss.

I took some gut to talk to the BH owner and told her about my situation.

I pleaded with her to negotiate with the rough guy or else I will stop work.

She decided to talk to the land owner and agreed to order another 10 trucks of crusher run, paid herself.

The situation improved and those heavy loaders managed to enter with those bricks and cement.

The BH contractor gave more problems and finally completed for me to install the nesting planks and sound system.

Well when things looks good the solar system was not performing to the required specifications.

It stopped very often.

The supplier recommended for an upgrade from one panel to two and added another battery.

The BH now is doing alright but the time have come that some thing have to be done about the BH humidity.

With solar system there was not adequate power to operate those humidifiers.

My recommendation to the owner was to install a number of water ponds on each floor.

I hope I can be of help but the nests numbers are now getting better and better as compared to the other BH very closed to this BH.
























No comments: