Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Question: What Is Wrong With My BH Pak Harry !!!

(They only play between 8:00 am until 11:00 am, and not in the evening, why?)


Two days ago while driving to Temerloh, Pahang, I got a call from my representative staying in Tawau Sabah.

He seems to be pretty concern that in the evening those swiftlet simply do not play at his BH monkey house.

They simply swoop in without taking their time at the hexagonal tweeter or at the window.

"Pak Harry every morning from 8:00 am until 11:00 am many will play and play at the monkey house.  Most of them will enter the nesting rooms.  However in the evening the same thing was not happening.  They pass by and straight away zoom into the BH."  he explained.

His question was is that normal?

His BH was a three stories building located in the middle of a huge oil palm plantation.

Before I came for inspection the BH was more like a dead wood.

After following my blog for almost two years, the owner got the gut to call me for my expertise.

I took a flight and inspected the BH.

I was not at all surprised with what were inside the BH.

I took a few minutes to do my assessment and immediately after the inspection I listed all the wrong things found inside and list down the things that they should carry out.

Read this article: Tawau 3 stories BH with 30 nests.

After carrying out all the recommended list of items the nests started to grow and nearly all corners were with nests.

But now he observed something very strange.

Why aren't they playing at the monkey house in the evening?

After assessing his question I told him not to worry too much.

He should look at the nests growth more and not the behavior pattern.

I asked him is the nests growth doing well?

"Yes Pak Harry, the nests numbers are growing steadily after our revamp operation and followed up with your Pheromone application." he replied.

My explanation to him goes like these:

"Since your BH nest growth is steadily growing try not to be overly concerned on the flying pattern.

They must have been searching for food and so much so they do not return home early.

The flying pattern in the morning from 8:00 am until 11:00 am is good enought.

I am sure when they flew in and out of your BH they have already took note of how to enter your BH without the possibility of hitting those walls.

So in the evening they simply zoom straight into your nesting rooms."

He seems to be very satisfied with my answers and thank me for clearing his mind about his BH.

He felt weird that other BH owners experience the normal thing but not his BH.

Call me at 017 7551318 if you have any weird happening at your BH.


No comments: