Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Cheapest Way To Own A BH !!!

While in Melaka today I was shown a BH built in a bungalow house located in a Padi Field areas.

At first I thought they were pulling my leg but the moment I reached the Bungalow, I was very surprised on how innovative some people can be.

What this Malay guy did was to convert two of his bedrooms into BH. He uses a dog kennel entry type located just above the two rooms and placed some bird call sound.

He was facinated with swiftlet farming shen he visited Indonesia and started about three years ago. He is staying in the same house at the moment.

The number of nests must be at least 200. He was not willing to tell the exact number but from the number of birds on his rooftop I can roughly estimate.

He was very sad that recently there were about 20 young babies died and were all over the floor. He calimed that those ants were maurading his tenant.

He suspected the ants but I suspect there was not enought food due to flooding like what happened in Besut sometime back. Once the mother do not provide enought food the young chick will commit suicide by jumping out of their nest.

Frankly, so far, this is the first birdhouse that I came across where the owner stay in the same house with his white gold producer.
I am sure one day he will move out and let the birds take over the whole house.



No comments: