Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How To Be Smart When Using The Touch N Go Smart Tag !!!

Every time when I travelled from the central to the North or South or to the East I cannot avoid from using those new highways with toll gates.

The most common is to see those long ques where people are prepared to loose hours of their precious time just because they refuse to use either the TouchnGo card (about 10 ringgit extra) or the Smart Tag (200 ringgit deposit).

I used to comment to my wife that those people are either stupid or do not understand the word technologies.

They are willing to ques for many hours (during holiday seasons) and never bother to think how to save those precious time.

I use the Smart Tag device and the convenience provided is so much. I save at least 2-3 hours a months from not staying in the ques.

Each time I am on the highways I know I can easily determined the number of hours I will take to reach my final destinations.

Well recently the toll detection system do have breakdown due to, I think, the new smart Tag devices that were faulty. The moment the error occurs the que on the smart tag lane will cause long ques.

So you thought that these smart tag owners are smart. The card might be smart but these owners, not all, are that smart.

They can easily move to the Touch N Go lane but they are lazy to open their window and touch the card onto the sensor.

These are other tips that you should know before you take a trip using the Malaysian Highways:

a) Use Smart Tag.

If you are a regular traveller buy the smart tag and the touch and go card. The number of hours you gained will benefit you at the end of every journey.

b) Change lane If the Smart Tag lane have problem.

When arriving to every toll gate make a quick observation on the smart tag lanes. If they are congested due to someone in front facing problem with the sensor, you quickly choose the next lane. I would suggest that you choose the lane with no cars queuing.

Be reminded all lanes are equip with TouchNGo (TNG) gadget. Choose the one empty and move to it safely.

c) Topping Up.

Nowadays the top up locations are almost everywhere. The best are at those Petrol Service stations. It used to be only at Petronas but now all stations along the highways do provide the service.

As such when the ques on the Tambah Nilai is unbearable, just enter the toll and stop at any of these petrol stations for a top up. Make sure your balance is enough for payment to reach the next nearest exit.

d) One Smart Tactic.

If you are lazy or forgot to top up your touch and go, don't worry.

Enter the toll, with minimum balance, and once you reach the last exit toll station you move to the cash paying gate. Once you are there take the card out and give it to the girl managing the booth. Tell her, sorry my balance was low, can you check how much I need to pay?

She will oblige and you cut those unnecessary time along the highways.

e) Other Usage of TNG Card.

I love to use the card when I park my car at KL Sentral and Plaza Damas. The card gives you lots of advantages as compare to queuing to pay at the machine.

When using those LRT and mono rail, I use my TNG.

The above are beautiful tips and I am sure you learn something from it. I use them to cut my travelling time especially during visiting to all those BHs in the North and South of the Peninsular.

Have a good day.

No comments: