Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Visiting Muar BH with 400 Nests This Sartuday !!!

I was offered or perhaps reqested to pay a visit to a BH in Muar, Johore, with 400 nests in in.

The owner is contemplating of selling the BH to any party who are keen to take up the challenge in doubling the nests number by 12 months.

"Harry please come over and have a good look at the BH and see what can be done to accelerate or increase the number of nests in the BH."

"I was thinking of letting it go but if you can double the number of nest within 12 months, I would love to keep it until such time."

Let me have a good look and see what can be done before I make the decision to take the challenge.

This Saturday planned to drive as early as I can to Muar and perhaps get my act together to see how to double the nests number.

Straight from my thinking cap, I know that if the BH is currently occupied with 400 nests, there will be at least 800 birds staying in the house. If each nest produces three sets of swiftlets per cycle, the total number of birds for the three cycle in 12 months will equal to 2,400 + the parent 800. SO the total will be 3,200 birds.

If out of the 2,400 (300%) only one third stays then the nests shall be at 400 (100%).

It sound simple but can that materialised?

This is a kind of challenge which makes life interesting.

2 comments:

OOIhsl said...

Harry. What is the price he is asking for? I'm Ooi from Pg, who have just purchase B.Cloud & D-honey from u

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Very reasonable, 750,000 and commission to harry on your side.