Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mr G Training Yesterday And Today !!!

Mr.G is an elderly lawyer who is very passionate about his duties as a dedicated lecturer in one of the local University.

He choose to dedicate 20 years of his life to be a good and dedicated lecturer. He has many students who are now politicians, successful lawyers and friends.

He never knew that time is catching up and a few months ago he was ask to get ready to pack and go. His dedications and hard work is about to come to an end.

When this happened he realised that he have no idea what he will do once his contract expired.

He turned to swiftlet farming. He was very sure that swiftlet farming will be the best new found lines that he can effort to retire with.

He contacted a few swiftlet farming "sifus" but was not successful in getting a positive responds. At last he called Harry for an appointment. Harry not only answered his call but came over to his faculty to meet him personally.

This was how I got to know a man who have a Doctor title and wanted to learn as much as he could about swiftlet farming.

During my first meeting with Mr.G he knew about my training program which I was conducting for the two Cambodian Brothers. He wanted to join the fun however he need to finish his student's papers. He opted out but fixed a new date.

I started with him with a bird call test at Rawang Country Home and those birds did came down towards him when he wave those tree branches.

We then drop by at a swiftlet nest processing center. After this short visit we proceeded to Batang Berjuntai. Visited three BH with lots of birds rushing in and out of those entrance holes.

Never to miss was the swiftlet city at Sungai Rambai. This was Mr.G first time to take a good look on what actually happen in a BH.

I then took him to Sekinchan to look at those massive 3-5 stories high BHs. They were gigantic and you can see more and more new BH on the horizon.

After the short visit I proceeded to Tanjung Sepat to visit a BH with some problems with the nest population growth. It seem that after 2.5 years the number of nests stop at 70 nests.

"Harry any advise?"

Met the owner, very young, who knows next to nothing about swiftlet farming.

How can I make him understand all those things that are causing the birds to move out when he have very little passion with those swiftlets?

"Harry I took those hexagonal tower out because I don't want to disturb my neighbors. I have never change those sound for the 2.5 years in operation. After the consultant finished with the BH construction I took over the BH keys and look after it myself. I have never read any books about swiftlet farming and never attend any seminars before."

After listening to such a lengthy negative explanations I begin to understand why his BH is not doing well.

How can one expect to improve his BH nest population when he takes no effort to improve his knowledge about those golden nests layers?

I quickly list about 20 things that he should do and in front of me was Mr.G.

Once finished I drove Mr.G to Ipoh for a short rest since tomorrow I need to be up at BM to meet Mr.T and Apek.

That night met Mr.L, a new blog reader, for a cup of coffee. He insisted that I drop by in Ipoh tomorrow to check on his shop house which he wanted to turn to a BH.

Early today took Mr.G to BM to view the double stories BH built by Apek for Mr.K.

The building was about 90% completed. We started on November 12th 2008 and 90% finished on December 11th, 2008. Yes about one month. A Guinness World record to built a BH in less then 1 month.

Mr.G took all the time he has with Mr.T for all the pertinent information's about the stand alone BH unit. I was busy with MrK wife to transfer some payment.

Next on my training schedule was to visit a two stories shop house in Kulim. There is a very strong chance that the unit will be converted to a BH on a JV between the owner and Mr.T/me.

I then took Mr.G to my BH in SP. He was stunned with the data room size that I have. It is big until I can place a bed if I wanted to.

After some 45 minutes with my demonstration of the Masterpiece we proceeded to Ipoh to see Mr.L.

Took Mr G up and work out the best design for Mr.L.

The training trip was full of activities and Mr.G has the best field experiences in all his life.

Now he is ready to move forward with his plan to built one on his ancestor's family piece of land.

I hope he knows who to call if he wanted some advise......

No comments: