Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why After 1.5 Years and Two Modification Works Not One Nest To Be Seen !!!


Today I took a 3 hours journey to Mentakab, Pahang.

Well before that I drop by Raub to take a good look at Mr.L BH. Remember I was requested by his B-I-L to get the BH in order.

I reached Raub at about 12.00 noon and the sky was clear. No sign of those birds. The hot weather must have push the birds far away in the jungle.

I open the main door to the data room and check all those amplifiers playing my black cloud and DHoney.

Switched them off and open the entrance door into the BH. Did the opening as slowly as I can and when I step in there were at least 5-10 birds flying in the dark. I could clearly hear their clicking sound flying around the room.

Yes they are now staying in this BH. Before this there were nil. 9 months in operation and zip not a single bird inside.

I did a quick check on all the apparatus inside and outside. The thermo hygrometer indicated a beautiful temperature range and humidity too.

I quickly pour those aroma and sprayed the whole room to make the house more attractive to those wild birds.

Set those timers correctly and test run the amplifiers correctly.

After 45 minutes locked up and continued my journey to Mentakab.

Mr.W was there waiting and upon meeting we adjourned to a Mamak shop for a cup of ABC.

He poured all the information's about his BH. After two modifications and 13 months, not a single nest was found.

"Harry what do you think that have gone wrong?"

Hmm..... a very challenging question and I am sure I do not wish to break his heart.

Mr.W I do not wish to make any conclusion before I visit your BH. Let me have a good look externally and internally. Once that is done I will list all the things that I feel you should do.

"Okay let me take you there now." He could not waste any more minute.

I took about 40 minutes to do the evaluation and nothing that surprises me.

Everything that I predicted were on the dot. However his room temperature and humidity were perfect.

So what went wrong?

I told him that I need to sit down over a cool drink and let me have about 10 pages of those foolscap papers.

I took my ball point pen and list closed to 20 list of things that he should look at. The first is of course to remove those petitioning full of those white fungus.

We completed item by item and went to the BH to try my black cloud and Dhoney.

I told him to stay at the back and see what happened.

Played both sound and those birds went berserk. They flew into the roof top and moved toward the entrance window however due to some factor reversed backward.

Hmm..... I believed these birds have entered this BH before but due to some poor micro habitats they seem to be reluctant to enter. They might have black list the house.

Well there if nothing wrong with the house and I set some strategies to get the place back to track.

Mr.G was very pleased with the long list of items that I drafted and he promised to follow all those advises on the dot. He will alert me when he is ready to get his BH back into full operation.

Best of luck to you Mr.G

No comments: