Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

Collection of Some Telephone /Seminar Conversations That Are Useful To My Blog Readers !!!

These are some informations that I think are useful to all my blog readers. They are normally received during my telephone conversation or personal meeting with my blog readers:

1) Avoid Your Car Being Scratched By Bird call Gadget.


Harry remember I bought the new generation bird call gadget? It works man. Within minutes there were more then 500 birds above the gadget. I was very impressed and I shall recommend this beautiful product to all my friends. The sad thing was that the gadget scratched my car top. I did not realized that there were three mounting screws that are used to hold those amplifier. They are nasty. Please advise all those who have bought the unit to place a layer of cloth or old newspaper below the unit.

2)Installation of Corner Covers.

This question was posted during the recent GAHP Seminar at Putra Hotel.

"Harry, what is your opinion on the installation of corner covers in a new Birdhouse?".

My Answer: Your main objective in building a 5 stars Bird House is to attract as many birds as possible to come in and build their nests. These birds are normally young birds who love to build their nests at corners. So let them build their nests at those corners. Let as many birds as possible to patronize your bird house to the maximum. Allow them to build there but after two seasons you need to harvest their nests and place corner covers.

Just imagine that your neighbors install corner covers and you do not. The birds prefer to build their nests at corners. Which house do you think those birds prefer to stay and build their nests?

"Harry what about those poor quality nests resulted from nests harvested at corners?".

My Answer: Yes I do agree that nests from corners do fetch a lower price from those fully formed nests but your main objective for a new bird house is how to populate the house first. The priority is to get as many birds as possible to stay and built their nests. Bird nest quality is of lesser priority when you have just started.

"Harry what kind of corner covers do you recommend?".

My Answer: There are many types of corner covers available in the market. My opinion is to use an object that will ensure that your nests harvested from those corners with corner covers are free of any deformities. There is no use of using an unsuitable covers that will introduce more deformed nests. The best is a thin strip of metal plate made of metal like aluminium or stainless steel. I might be wrong but from logical point of view these thin plates will cause minor defects to those nests after harvesting. It is so minor that the buyer will pass them as normal cup size nests.

3) Buying An Abandoned Shop House !!

Harry I have just conducted a bird call test closed to this abandoned shop houses. What is your advise before I purchase one unit?".

My Answer: Are you very sure that the number of birds are more then 500? If yes then I advise you to get the full address of the unit and make a special visit to the local council. Meet up with those in charge of giving license and talk to them about your plans. Once you finished please remember to write an official letter to thank the officer and at the same time indicate that you wanted to convert the abandoned shops into swiftlet farm. Please ensure that they do not object your idea. If they do then stay away from doing so or perhaps ask their kind advise where to built?.

Open a folder and keep a copy of the letter for future reference. Just in case......

No comments: