Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

I Might Want To Take This Offer !!!

I was away doing what I like best. Yes visiting old BHs, New BHs and of course mine.

When back home read this very nice email from Elvin of Pontianak.

I feel very happy that my blog have been helping so many people including those who hates me.....

Dear Harry,

I have been your blog fan for the past few months. You deserve a great compliment for putting so much efforts in providing such invaluable information and on top of that, they are for free.

Our family has been running recreational area in Jungkat which is half an hour drive from Pontianak, Indonesia. Observing the potential for swiftlet farming, we decided to give this business a try by completing one house built inside the resort area end of February.

Our bird house can be considered as traditional and equipped with little knowledge of the farming (prior to reading your blog) and with help of local expert. In abour 4 months after completion, we have approximately 50 nests with over 100 birds. Our consultant tries to convince us that this number is encouraging (after asking around, we know that our bh doesn't do too bad).

After reading your blog, I realise there still so many room for improvement for our birdhouse and let me thank you again for that. Now, knowing that you will be in Pontianak from 18 to 21 July, we really hope that you could 'singgah' in our birdhouse and try local seafood dishes in our restaurant.

Depending how we go with the development of this first house, we are also considering the option to convert the area usage from recreational resort to swiftlet farming exclusively and looking for investors to purchase part of our area.

Please feel free to contact me: Elvin Candra (English, Indonesian) by text msg on +61 415 070 xxx or email as I am currently in Sydney or my father in Pontianak: Tjendrawinto (Mandarin, Indonesian) on +62 812 563 xxx or my brother: Elwin Candra (English, Indonesian) on +62 811 57 xxx if you do have time for a short visit to our resort: JUNGKAT BEACH or if you do ever need any assistant while you are in Pontianak.

Hope you enjoy your time in Pontianak.

Cheers,

3 comments:

Ben Gan said...

The result of fifty nests in four months is commendable. If my BH can achieve this kind of result, I would feel extremely satisfied.
Harry, don't forget to enjoy some of the "local dishes" while you are in Pontianak.
Wish you a peaceful journey and a great weekend.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Ben,

I will be away for those 5 days. Thank U for you advise and comment about Elvin BH. I hope to meet him or his relative to view the BH. I will be brigging my camera to snap some pictures for all my blog readers.

Dave said...

Wow,thats good,man!How I wish to join you for the trip had I have the time.Do make sure you dont waste your trip.Collect more new ideas and info and publish them asap.Be careful not to drop from the bird entrance hole.Watch your step!Okay?