Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interesting Emails That I wish To Share

I have been receiving many emails everyday and these are some that I wanted my blog readers to read and learn something:

From Mr K dated: July 18th, 2008:

Dear Harry,

During my previous trip to Medan I hv searched for at least 5 major bookstores and bought almost 20 books on Swiftlet farming. I would say Strategi Jitu Memikat Walet is one of the best. It has become my main reference book now and I strongly recommend this book to other.

I do not think 20 books is enough. May be you should at least double the qty.

Cheers and hv a nice trip.

K


From Mr L of Trengganu dated: July 24th, 2008:

Harry,
Congratulation, my friend is happy with the Aroma (Close2U). He may buy another. Any discount for me as I am the middleman and I even have to tell that your product is very good and the birds practical stick to the tweeters so to say ( Did you tell that or do I just make up the story). Next time, I may insist on my courier’s account as it is cheaper.

Another thing, another guy just started a BH nearly three months and still not a bird at sight. Location quite good as near some successful BHs and my recommendation is that he needs a good external Bird music to draw in the birds. Any good CD that you can offer but make sure that it’s good because my reputation is also at stake. They basically take my works as I am successful in BHs but I used old methods which is not suitable for new BH. I don’t use special Aroma just homemade mixture. Then, the town has only few BHs but now, there are over hundreds BHs. And also, I am not in the consultation or BH supply Buz as I am really too busy for anything else.

Best Regards

Mr L


From Mr E of Pontianak dated July 23rd 2008:

Dear Harry,
Thanks for making a visit to our place despite your tight schedule. I hope you enjoy your time in Pontianak and Sungai Pinyu.
I saw some nice photos of the local birdhouse (including ours) in your blog. It seems that you are also quite surprise with the simplicity of our birdhouse. We call it a 'minimal' style as in architectural term yet the birds in our place do not seem to have high demand of living quality (maybe due to no other houses nearby).
I heard from my dad that you advised us on the tweeter placement to attact those birds to stay on the lower level. We seem to always have a problem with the sound system where it broke few times (We used to have a crappy CPU) and I recalled the lightning did damage the external tweeters few times which makes me wonder if the anti-lightning is working properly.
We are open to any suggestions for improvement in our BH. We also look forward to hearing from you guys in regards to the attention for joint venture in developing Jungkat Beach for swiftlet farming.
On behalf of our family, let me thank you again for your time and keep up your good (blogging) work!!!!!
Cheers
MrE


From Mr Y dated July 19th, 2008:

Hi Harry,
Hope you are having a great time in Pontianak.
Lately I am confused over the flying pattern of swiftlets as described in Hendri Mulia 's book in which he mentioned that once they decided to fly anti clockwise they will forever fly in that manner.Or if clockwise, forever will be clockwise.During the Duress birdcall tests, I discovered that the swiftlets in my area mostly fly anticlockwise, but my BH was designed in such a way that the birds enter at a inclined fly path from the roof top to the 2nd floor at the left hand side of the BH and make a U turn to the nesting area.
Which means the bird is forced to fly clockwise.Which according to Hendri Mulia's theory will not be acceptable to most birds that fly anticlockwise.That is my dilemma.
But a friend told me not to worry because my BH will be attracting young birds whose habits are not set in yet, they can fly both clockwise and anticlockwise, unlike the older birds whose habits are fixed and cant change.Would apprciciate your opinion on this subject.
Thanks. Regards,

MrY


My answer to him:

MrY,

The flying pattern is something that is common with the birds. It is good to look at the pattern before you design the room and the location of the entrance hole.

It is sad that you read the book much later and your sifu never tells U about it.

You can either be innovative with it or use it as a criterias in your next BH design.

As you mention, it is just Pak Hen's theory and not proven. Pah Hen always says that in swiftlet farming when you add one plus one it is never become two. More often the birds are weired and behave very different from what the theory looks like. So you still have a chance to get those birds in.

Your friends might be right. Just be patience and get them to enter your house. Put in the aroma and let them in.

Harry

No comments: