Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

No More Birds Above My Roof Top !!!

This frantic SOS call from one of my blog reader.

I was about to take my shower.

"Harry I am from BP and my name is Mr L. I just read your blog and I need your kind advice. I have been operating my BH for almost two years with some success. My main problem now is that there are no birds roving above my entrance hole. What should I do? Need you advise".

I am with my towel about to enter my shower room and the sound at the other end seem to be more important then a shower.

Yes, Mr.L. You do have some problems. Can you answer these questions:

1) When was the last time you change your external sound?

His answer: About 4 months ago.

2) Okay, do you have any other external tweeters above your roof?

His answer: Yes, I am using a Hexagonal Tweeter.

3) Hmm .... When was the last time you went up to check those hexagonal tweeters? I mean are they working?

His answer: I don't think I remember when I last climb up. It have been there for almost two years? I am not sure if they are still working ....

4) Do you play a different song at the hexagoanal tweeter or it is the same with the external?

His answer: I think it is the same.

5) Hmm .. Do you have any other new sound to use?

His answer: No sir ....

Oh oh, I think I am gonna stuck with this shower towel around my waist.....

Well, Mr L, the first think you need to do is to check on all those tweeters that are used both for the external sound and the hexagonal tweeters. They might be faulty. Just go up there, be carefull, and put your ear to check if they are functional. If they are no longer then you need to change them immediately.

Maybe due to those heavy rains, the tweeters are spoilt and not working any longer. Just change them but try to get those high end tweeters like teknik or motorola brand. Those square type will do.

The next important issue is to get some new sounds. One for the external and one for the haxegonal tweeters. You need to firstly test them around your building using a birdcall test kit and once they give a favourable response then you use them. Do not use those Fiesta sound please.....

I am also not sure about your amplifiers and type of players that you are using but maybe it is a good time to look into upgrading them. Use those reasonable emplifiers manufactured by Teknik or other brands. The high end one are those swallow nest range. Maybe should start looking at using memory card or thumb drive sound system ....

I hope the informations given are informatives and helpful. If you need more please call me again ....

His answer: " I should have spoken to you much earlier. Now at least I now what to do with my BH. Thank you very much Harry. You are so unselfish and helpful. I will arrange to meet you in KL soon."

My answer: Mr.L, I am alway happy to make my blog reader feel happy and you are one of those lucky one. Take good care and drop by in KL for a yam cha .....

No comments: