Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Solar Energy For Birdhouses In Remote Places !!!


What would an investor do if his piece of land is not closed to any electrical poles to pull those power?

The only way out is to use solar power.

The biggest setback in using solar powered system is the initial cost.

A few months back I went to Kuantan to conduct some investigation where I visited a BH equipment supplier who posted on his website that he supplies solar power.

The moment he opened his mouth on the total cost, I nearly fainted. It was about RM18,000 and again subjected to the size of the panel chosen. Ma ma mia.....

I was stunned like being slapped by my dead mother......

I did not give up and did some checking with Uncle Ben Chai of Miri, Sarawak. He indicated that in Sarawak there is an organization who assembled Solar power system for schools and housing areas that are located in those remote areas. His only problem is to know the capacity that you required to run a BH say 30 feet X 70 feet and three stories high.

Hmm ..... I am not very sure how to get the correct answer. I would welcome any of my blog reader who can give me some indication or exact power required.

Yesterday while reading the Sunday Times newspaper, I saw this small cutting about a huge solar panel assembly plant to be located in Malacca. The text was as follows:

Title: Rembia Is Solar Valley.

Content:

Malacca: Rembia is set to become the next Solar Valley of Malaysia where some 4,000 engineers will be employed by 2010. One of the largest investors in Sunpower Manufacturing Sdn Bhd a Silicon Valley based manufacturer of solar cells, panels and system.

A RM 2.3 billion agreement has been signed between Sunpower Manufacturing Sdn Bhd and the Malacca State Development Corporation. The firm will be building a solar cell fabrication plant on the site.


I just hope that the project will start soon and perhaps all BH owners building theirs in remote locations will benefit from this mega project.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was stunned like being slapped by my dead mother......"

Hahaha you're mad harry! MAD I tell you!

your blog is so entertaining! Ure a crazy birdman. Much respect.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

about 230 watts is enuf for 30-70 bh ....