Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tip: Setting Of Mobile Phone For Sound Monitoring !!!


I have made this simple conclusion about any birdhouse.

If their external and internal sounds are down due to any reasons, the birds population tends to reduce.

This is understandable. Once those young swiftlets starts to move to a new birdhouse around the corner, you birdhouse will eventually will be having lesser birds. This due to the fact that those old birds will die and the younger one flew away and stay in other locations.

To ensure that you birdhouse sound is always in operation you should try to check on them regularly.

The best so far, which I accidentally came acrossed, is to use a cheap mobile phone on automatic answering mode. I saw Mr.Laster of Segamat, Johor using this technique and you might want to try.

The idea is to place a cheap Nokia phone with the hands free gadget on it and the ear piece mounted on your speaker. (Total cost was less then RM200 which include the secondhand Nokia phone, a handfree gadget and a charger)

To set the phone to this mode you must have the earpiece lock in.

Go to "Setting" and find the “Enhance Setting". Click on "Headset" then move to "Automatic Answer". Put it to "On" mode.

You can top up say RM 5 a month. U can actually transfer the call time to your active phone if you know how to do.

To ensure that the battery will not be dead after two days, I suggest that you connect the phone to a phone charger and connect it to a timer. Set one hour a day of charging. If U thinks it is too much set it to three times of one hour charging a week.

I hope you have learned something from this special tip. I have installed it and it works.

If you want to listen to my birdhouse sound playing please try this numbers: 0179388913

If there is no sound then that must be the time gaps that I allocated to cool my amplifiers. You may try again later .....

3 comments:

BK ONG said...

Wow! What a brilliant n innovative idea. This is low tech, low cost but high returns.

Harry, bravo to you n your blog reader fro sharing this with us.

cheers,
bk

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

BK,

This is what I call sharing.

If we share we teach others not to make mistakes.

You need to thank Laster of Segamat for his innovation or ideas that he implemented in his BH.

As usual I am just a blog writer who loves to write on what ever that I find useful for all BH enthusiast like U.

Enjoy reading them and try out on your own risk and I am sure they will bring benefits to you.

Anonymous said...

I just ring up the numbers! it work! Thank to Laster & Harry for sharing.

Harry should come out with a section called "Brilliant idea/tips of the year 2008". Let's the readers share & vote.