Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Ball Park Cost To Convert A Shop House To A Birdhouse !!!


"Harry, this is so and so from such and such. I need your quick advise please.What is the cost to convert a two stories shop house to A Resonnably Nice Birdhouse?".

Hmmm .................

Again, Where are you from?

"Such and Such town in West Malaysia".

Hmm .......................(pondering and with lots of deep though....)

(What is this guy trying to do? Is he trying to test me or wanted to check on how smart my intelectual brain is or may be he is dead serious about building one? What answer should I give him. Hmm .......What if my price is too low or too high? Man, this is a tough job. Answerings peoples questions and not being paid for it? Ai yah, banyak susah. Boh Swei Loh .........)

Okay can I know what do you mean by reasonably nice? How many stars are you looking at? Two, three, four or five?

" Three stars okay loh !!!"

Hmm ........

Okay for any number of stories that you have (20 feet X 70 feet), the cost will be based on the first floor size multiply by RM 25 per square foot and the second floor will be the floor size (sq feet) multiply by RM 20 and the third floor will be the floor size (sq feet) multiply by Rm18.

"Harry what about those staircase, air vents and toilets and also those data room?"

(This guy is too much. Everything also want to ask. Some more FOC !!!)

Well you can deduct the total the area by about 20% loh.

"What about those roof top? My shop have a roof top made of concrete slab and you can go up and walk, upstairs."

(Ai yah, never finish with questions. May be should ask him to turn the top floor to become a disco tec. Can lance (dance) with the birds mei!!!)

"Should I built a water pond or just cover them up with some awning?"

Up to you loh but I would prefer the top roof be covered with those awning because water pond tend to retain those heat and very slow to cool down.

"Okay, okay, thank U very much. Oh yah, how much should I budget for the awning?"

(Never finish with asking question la this fellow. He think everything is in my brain. So stupid and never want to learn himself .... Ai yah I also don't know lah !!!)

I think you should allocate about seven thousand ringgit plus minus....

"Okay okay okay Harry. I thank you very much. Once my house is up and full of birds I will take you for a good dinner and we yam cha okay."

(He thinks I can wait that long before being given a cheap dinner and yam cha ? Wah like this kind of people I think I better find a new job....)

(Becoming a birdhouse advisors will cripple by bank book because every body seem to have this thinking that once they read my blog they become sifu themself ....)

(Hai yah, susah mau cari makan.)

I think I need to activate those Serai Plantation.....

Birdhouse, too many SIFUs and all are copy cats ....

He he he he he he .....

1 comment:

W.O.S.G Cafe said...

Pak Harry,

you should reset yr phone so that when people call you, they will enter an automatic reception with lets say:
Tekan satu utk bahasa melayu,then
Tekan satu kalau nak tanya tentank
walet rumah,then
Utk Pertanyaan tentang walet rumah,sila bank in RM200 ke account ini xxxx, sms receipt no. saya akan contact anda !!!


hehe...good idea ah!!!