Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2008

This Wenesday: I Might Be In Bentong, Pahang !!!

A special invitation by Mr. Ben from Bentong, Pahang.

Wanted me to visit his properties, a piece of agricultural land and a shophouse, this Wenesday March 12th, 2008.

Given the opportunity I accepted his invitation and told him that I will be there in the morning before lunch hour. Plan to pick up my fellow friend at Genting Sampah Mac Donnald and proceed to Bentong. According to him it will take the most 40 minutes to be in Bentong from GS.

I am not very sure what Ben have in mind but something about swiftlet farming makes me jump.

Will talk about the trip later when I know what he have in mind.

Meanwhile, went to Ulu Langat on the election day. I casted my vote in Kuala Lumpur and since was very free after that, decided to make a trip to Ulu Langat, Selangor.

Passed a few small towns along the way and those supporters of Barisan and Pas were busy waving their flags to us. Looks like they were having a jolly good time.

Ulu Langat is deep inside the mountain areas close to Janda Baik, I was told. The area were thick with greens, tall trees and many of these lands are either orchard or small plantations.

There were a number of Orang Asli (indigenous people) blending with the locals and usually they have jungle durians on their land.

We turned into one small road which let us to a piece of land belonging to a Dato. He fell in love with the land and he bought from a good friend of mine. Now days every weekend he will go no where else but his land.

The 6 acres land lies beside a fresh water stream and the water looks crystal clear that you feel like going for a dip.

The land been transformed into fish ponds, sheep rearing and chicken farm.

Immediately after parking my car, I started my birdcall test. Played the duress, then the awesome and a few more.

It seem that there were not a single swiftlet responded to those love sound.

Hmm Hmm Hmm ....... Feel very funny and disappointed ....

There were some swallows flying around. Those were the house swallows and tree swallows. They seem to have very little interest with all the sound I played.

After more then 2 hours, we decided to cabut home. The Dato was very kind to say thank you by netting two ikan Patin for me to take home. Two big one about 1.5 kilo each.

Hmm......, steam Patin for my dinner ......

2 comments:

Ben Gan said...

Hi Harry,
It's great you make it so soon.
Thanks.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Ben,

May be I am too free doing nothing . Retired people are always finding excuse to be out of the house ...

Afraid of those nagging wife ...

He he he