Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Which One Is Better? To built A new BH Or To Buy A Ready BH?

Last night was with another new Blog reader who was very keen to meet me for the first time.

His name is Mr.O hailed from Kuala Kerai, Kelantan.

We met somewhere in Subang USJ and chat for almost three hours.

He was never interested in swiftlet farming until he read my blog. (I feel very happy that my blog have served it purpose).

Mr.O have a few options either to start a brand new BH or to buy a unit that is already with a few hundred nests.

The question is which one is better ?

Hmmmm ............... An interesting question and .............

Well before I answered the question I told myself to be smart and bombarded him with a few more questions:

"Mr.O, are you in hurry to own one?"

"Mr.O what were the reasons given by the current owner in selling the BH with a few hundred nests??"

"Mr.O how many nests, the exact number please, are there in the BH?"

"Mr.O how many kilogram is the owner harvesting per month now?"

"Mr.O have the bird population reach to it maximum?"

"Mr.O do you think the BH can have the ability to increase the output per month to say five times the current volume of harvest?"

Well I went on with a few more but frankly while asking those questions I was scrutinizing the most appropriate answer which I hope will be sensible and yet fair to him.

My frank answer was "yes" and "no".

"Yes, if some criterias are met". "No if most of those criterias are not positive".

Good example is whether the house is still not full ie there is a chance to increase the current volume of harvest be increased by at least 5 folds.

The owner was not happy over the frequent buglary that happened to his BH. Hmm ....

My idea was to buy the unit, as it is, and work towards increasing the monthly harvests to, say double or triple, and let them go for a better market price.

Say you keep it for 5 years, harvests those nests monthly and pay back the borrowings and when the time is right let it go at, at least, double the price what you have paid for.

Since you already pay off those borrowings (5 years of harvesting), the income from the proceed is just a pure golden profit ...period.

The buglary issue is not a big problem. A few death traps (to buglars only) in the house will be alright. (Will set a water trap with electrical current in it. The moment the buglar step into the water he will get the shock of his life.)

Well there are many more things that you need to look at but ......

This short article was written just before I got my ass out and ready to go to Bentong ....

No comments: