Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How To Increase You Raw Birdnests Value Per Kilogram !!!



I hope you still remember about my article where I mentioned about Mr.Y of Batu Pahat who came to Kuala Lumpur and the next day I took him to Kuala Selangor to visit Mr.A's birdhouse.

Read this http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2008/02/going-to-kuala-selangor.html

The night before we went to Kuala Selangor, I took him to a town outskirt of KL to visit a nest processing center.

The short trip was very valuable where we met the proprietor of the center.

These were the things that I learned from him.

According to him, he came from east Malaysia and have been involved with swiftlet processing way back when he was a young man.Now he is about 40 years old. He used to jungle tracked into Indonesia to search for birdnests and buy them for processing purposes. Due to harship that he usually encountered he decided to settle down in West Malaysia and start a small business in selling life fish and on part time he will still carry out the nests processing works.



He have the following to say and I just wanted to share with my blog readers. (The informations provided are just for reference and I do not provide any guarantees that it will 100% work. U need to think first before your go for the option)

If you harvest your birdnest and sell directly to your buyer, you will only received a standard value of about RM 4,500 - RM 5,000 per kilo.

What more can you do to increase the value of the same nests that you have just harvested?

His answer:

"I can add value to your raw nests by turning it's value from RM4,500/kilo to RM7,500/kilo within a few short days by cleaning/processing them. You bring the raw nests to my processing center and I will do the rest".

These are his words and not mine........

He can proof what he was saying by giving a simple explainations.

The value of raw nests depends on it's cleanliness, shape and the water content. All raw nests are pretty dirty especially those that are harvested using the "After the baby birds leave their nest" technique.

If you get your nests to be cleaned, the nests value will fetch a premium of at least RM3,000. He can even shape the end products to what you want it to be ...

At the same time there will be an increased in weight by about 10% (estimated). This was what he said and please do not harm me on this point.

So for his processing works you need to pay him RM 6 ringgit per nest (about RM720 per kilo) and you earn an extra income of RM3,000 per kilo.

Just imagine if your monthly harvest is 10 kilo? Your monthly income gained is RM30,000. Per year (12 months) you will gain RM 360,000 just doing this simple method.

The RM 6 per nest, according to him, will be self paid since the processed nests gained some 10% weight. True or False ( I am not sure because I have never weight my nests before and after) ????

I cannot confirm his explainations but for me it make a really bloody good sense.

I will surely want to adorpt his advise and my next harvest will surely be sent to this center.

Please be advised that I am not his agent or associate. I am just an explorer who love to learn new things. The idea is good but somebody have to try and see if it works. The good thing is that he operates a fish shop and I don't think a few kilos of birdnests will tempt him to cheat. ...

If I learn something I do want to share the piece of the information with my readers.

If you think that it make sense and you do want to try, I advise you to try a kilo first. After proven result then you can look at a much larger volume.

It is your decision and I am not liable for any loses or misadvanture ....

4 comments:

wooi said...

Harry,
For my opinion u should visit the centre. As i knw, if u use the bleaching agent( normally is H2O2), u able to clean the nest very fast. If without bleaching agent, 1 working normally able to clean about max 8pcs per day(8 hours).

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Wooi,

I was at the center where they process but I am not sure about the bleaching agent usage.

The cleaning take about 8 to 10 pieces a 8hrs day.

This article is just an information and I do not guarantee of any misadvanture if it does not work.

The issue here is that you can increase your product value by outsourcing the cleaning process.

seeseng said...

Too good to be true. Period.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Dear all,

Today I received this email from the bird processing centre that I visited and make my report.

Please read and try to digest the explainations given:

Quote:

Refer to comments posted on bird's nest processing, the writer like to clarify as follows;

• H2O2 Hydrogen Peroxide is a very strong bleaching agent. It is used to "clean" cave bird's nest or "Mou Yin" If you use H2O2 to "clean" farmed nest, not only you would damage the nest, you would also lose roughly 40%>50% in weight, with the balance "leached" out during the process.

• We do not practice or recommend this method of processing for farmed bird's nests..

• Our output based on present outfit is roughly 100 pieces in 10 hour day. We are able to achieve such output rate is because we have the right techniques and process control.

• Our service not only provide customers with satisfactory "clean" nests but the other valuable gain is the the nests will be re-constructed to near perfect shapes.

• The service charges of MYR6 per piece is only an indicative price. We have to evaluate the received nests to quote an actual price. Normally, it would be between MYR6 to MYR8 per piece depending on its size, shape, feather and filth inclusions.

Anyone interested? Please contact Harry. Just let us have a few pieces to try us out and see the results.

Unquote:

I do hope that all my blog readers understand what the owner of the processing centre is trying to say.

I keep reminding my readers that I am a person who would like to find all the best methods for BH owners to gain more from their harvest.

If my article make sense then good to all of you. If it does not then please don't read my blog any more.

Just go away and perhaps write your own blog....

Since some of you are already very smart then why should you read my blog ???

Go away and do what is good for you ...

I hate to receive destructive comments .....

I spend hours of my bed time to come out with something good and you just have nothing to do but bad mouthing my effort ....