Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2008

Making My Own Aroma Strips !!!


One of the most exciting thing about being semi active BH owner is the ability to think and do something that might helps in increasing the birdhouse population.

Everyday there are new news about new technologies that can help BH owners to improve their BH birds population.

Some will work on one area and yet many will fail when used in different location.

The only thing that you can do is to keep searching for those that can works and drop those that are not showing any improvement.

I have been very facinated with the use of aroma strips on the wooden planks and so far have not be able to locate who can supply them.

I wish there is someone out there who happened to read this article will call me at 017 755 1318 to resolve my curiosity.

In the mean time I am ready to make myself using some cave nests that I have in hand.

The idea is to soak the nests into plain water and once soft will grind to pieces.

Once that is done will keep in a container for a few weeks until the sludge is pungent enought for me to apply to a fibre or cloth strips.

Once soaked will let the fibre/cloth to dry.

Upon drying will put them up onto a selected wooden planks in the nesting areas.

I am looking forward for a positive result.....

If someone out there do have the ready made aroma strips please don't forget to call me.

Let us share with all my blog readers .....

PS: The fermentation have begun and the smell is getting thicker every hour. There seem to be lots of bubbles coming out from the bottom and some of those black feathers are floating to the surface. Also there are lots of unbroken gas bubbles floating on the surface.... Hmmm I am in love with the aroma but my wife is getting piss off with it ....He he he he ....

So far received one call from one of my favourite blog reader and he told me something that he have found out about aroma strips ... If U want to know call me ...

No comments: