Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Port Klang: Old BH To Be Reconstructed !!!

While on the way back from my home town, received a friendly call from Mr.K about his venture in Port Klang (PK).

He would like me to drop by at PK today as soon as I touch down KL. I told him, how about 5pm? To me this will be the best time to see the unit plus the fact that I can take note of those birds when they come back from their feeding routine.

I took the KESAS highway toward PK till the very end. He pick me up at the first Petronas Petrol Station as agreed. Sharp at 5.00pm I was there waiting for him.

I followed his car and it takes less then 10 minutes to reach.

The moment I step out of my car I can clearly see the long row of shop houses, three stories high and facing the two tier bridge, about three stories high running just about 10 meters infront of the building. There were at least 10 lots per row of three shop houses.

Out of the 30 lots, at least ten units were converted to BH.

The back portion of the targeted unit there are a few apartments about 5 stories high plus a mosque.

Hmm ......... Looks very interesting but there lots of questions to be answered ...

Once the surrounding were inspected, went upstairs to inspect the two floors that Mr.K is keen to have it converted to be his maiden BH.

The two units, top most and the second floor looks pretty good. It was previously tenanted by also a BH enthusiast but after 3 years have given up the hope. There were at least 30 nests just before he ripped all the gadgets installed and now bare. The top floor ceiling were taken down and the floors were littered with planks, dust, ceiling boards, window panels and etc.

I am very amused at some of the BH features left by the old tenant. The way the wooden nests were installed and those ventilation holes on the walls. There were no smell of any aroma or birdshit in the house.

The only floor with 30 nests were the top most floor. The lower floor have zero nest after three long years. It seem that the designer have block the path to the lower floor. I told Mr.K that the previous owner seem to have very little idea of how birds move in a restricted areas.

Mr.K remarked that the guy who owned the place is also an active consultant to many others in the area. Hmmm .......I am pretty sure his clients are facing the same problems of not enought birds accupying their BH. On the bright side of thing if he was the one who provide consultancy to those owners on the same row, we have a very good opportunities to bring all those birds to a new home.....

After the 40 minutes inspection we set down for a cup of coffee to come out with a rought sketch of how the unit should be modified.

Mr.K seem to be very well prepared. He took out a sketch which he have been working on for some weeks. Just wanted me to make some comments plus any changes that are deem fit.

I was pretty impressed with what he did with the little that he learned from my blog but a few things were very clear that need my immediate intervention.

Well, all in all, he will start the operations immediately and he have agreed to have me to be his advisor. Works will start tommorrow and we have agreed to use the open roof concept with tunnel features.

Best of luck to Mr.K and I wish him well .....

3 comments:

K L said...

Hi Harry,

Possible to review its location, maybe I can b of assistance to u.

Yong

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Yong,
The unit is on the same road to noth port near to the birdhouse U showed me but the other side of the road.

Will get your opinion when the right time comes.
Harry

K L said...

Harry,

Thks.