Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Calls And More Quiries Everyday !!!

These days time passes so fast that I feel that I am having too much things to do and there is not time left.

I take it as a great way of bringing together many birdhouse enthusiasts together and I hope I will continue doing so.

This afternoon a newbie from Malacca drove up to Damansara, just to have a cup of coffee me. I nearly missed my lunch with my beloved wife.

He came so far and I am sure he has something important to discuss with me.....

His name is Mr.T and has been doing lots of observations on swiftlet farming in Malacca. He seems to know many birdhouses units in Malacca and the best is located at a road junction beside a big sign board. The sign board seems to act as a beacon when night falls. Just like your wrote in your blog. Unfortunately there are rumors that it will be removing to give way to the road expansion.

He seems to make a serious observation on a birdhouse closed to his house. The unit is closed to the sea front there are lots of birds passing by but do not seem to stop at the house. His question: Why Harry?

Hmmm ..... a very tough question since I have not visited the site.

Can U tell me the direction of the building? Where is the sun path? Which way the birds are flying in the evening? Where is the entrance hole? How long have the house been in operation? Is the sound on all the time?

Based on his answers, I concluded without guarantee, the house microhabitat is not right. I believed the house internal temperature is pretty high. Looking at the sun path and the direction of the building, I think the building was not in the right orientation. The side walls are in direct path of those hot sun rays.

The entrance hole is also not perfect. How can the hole be in the opposite direction of the bird flying home path? Mama mia, this owner will have a tough time to get those birds in his house.

There were many more reasons that I explained to him and I don't know why Mr.T is so concerned about it. Mybe the owner is his brother?

I told him to follow up with the observation and if he has the chance to meet the owner why don't he arrange for Harry to pay a visit.

Let us hope that we can do something while the sun is still shinning.

He took one of the birdcall gadget and two birdcall sound. I still owed him the Duress and Talk2me.

2 comments:

Victor Gee said...

Hi Harry,

Let me know if you want to go to Malacca. I am from Malacca too.

Thanks

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Gee,
Will be very happy to call U.

Need your mob number pls.

Harry