Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend: Missing In Action. !!!

Gentalmen,

I have decided to be back to my home town for a very short break from Kuala Lumpur traffic jam.

At the same time since next week I will be attending Pak Jeff Swiftlet Workshop in Kuala Trengganu, I decided to come back home and do some works at by BH.

There are some interesting developments with the BH and I am very happy to be back and do some aroma theraphy.

The whole day looking at anything that are not working and make the necessary replacements.

The sound system was replaced since the sound seems to be a bit not crystal clear.

Replaced the hygrostat and this time I am very sure my BH will be at the right humidity. I bought a new unit and the first thing that I did today was to install the unit and observed the RH% variations. It works perfectly.

The sound system have not been good lately. Bought a replacement and put them back in perfect operations.

Got two new digital timers and using this timer will give me less stress.

The aroma therapy is the best part of the visit. I love to apply them onto those white walls. They smell very much like those fish oil.

One more thing that I install is the fermented birdnest water in special jars that are so wonderfull to me. I bought a few special clay pots and store them for them to leach out form the wall.

The insect powder seem to work pretty well. Lots of those maggots floating on the surface. Pour some of the water out. Now have two pails of those activated insect powder....

As precaution, place a number of cockroach repellant at various corners of the BH...

At 4.00 pm left the BH and came back to observe those birds coming back ...

I have to admit that they seem to flying in and out of my BH more as compared to the four other BHs around my unit. I keep telling myself that they must like those music that I just changed or perhaps those aroma which I know will makes them crazy (I am so crazy. hmmm hmmm hmmm !!!!. Just humming the old song from Herman Hermit ) ....

I left with a very happy heart and I will be back within the next two weeks to count my new comers (more new nests marking and more birdshit spots) .....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry,
All the best to your birdhouse. Hope to see you in KT soon.

K L said...

Harry,

Where do u put the pail of insect powder, in the nesting area? roving area? Are u not afraid of rats or crows ?

Tirok said...

Harry and Frank

See you in KT. If you would like a guided tour I offer to help. OK

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Yong,

The best is in the roving area close to the door leading into the nesting room. Just imagine that when the birds comes into the roving area and found that there are insect to eat I am sure the will chase those insects all around. The best is when the insect into the nesting areas.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Tirok,
Thank U for your kind offer. Will be very happy to call U once landed in KT. May I have your contact number. I will be coming with Ben Chai, Julian Tan and Victor Newn.