Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bentong: A Town With Lots of White Gold Opportunities !!!


My journey to Bentong Pahang started about 9.15 am yesterday. I took less then one hour to reach Bentong using the Karak highway.

I hit Jalan Kuching and turned to the MRR2 and later turned into the Karak highway. After the Genting Sampah R&R, I took about 25 minutes to be in Bentong. It was drizziling all the way.

The main town was small and the most there were about four rows of old shophouses pitted buy a few new shophouses and budget hotels.



My eyes was always on the sky looking for any sign of those beautiful swallows. Yes there were many, except they look more like those House Swallows (White spot on their back). I was not very sure if there are any other types of swiftlets (edible birdnest birds).

I parked my car at the Post office and call Mr.B to meet me there. While waiting I walked along the walkways infront of those old shop houses.



No suprise at all. I saw so many house swallows nests, made of grass, on the ceilings. A few are those made of mud. One of the mud nests seem to be tenanted by grass swallows. Just see one of the picture I posted.



MR.B took about 10 minutes to arrived and the moment we met he took me to one of the building on the same row which I took my walk.

There it was. A four stories building, the highest in the row, not fully tenanted. We walked up and he showed me all the floors that were suitable for a birdhouse conversion. We went up to the top most, roof top, to view the two air vents that can be used as the bird entrance hole..... Hmmm ........



It looks that this will be the BH of Bentong one final day and if fully occupied it can provide a four month harvest of 50 kilograms. Hmmmmm............. Well what if we can entend the rooms to the to more floors below ? Hmmmmm ............(I am in deep thought of how one day I am going to the bank with a big smile on my face!!!!)

Once finished, he took me to a few housing areas with bird houses in operation.

Both areas confirmed that there are lots of AF in Bentong and the town is about to be turned into a Swiftlet City of Pahang. I believed it will an explosive one......

Now his offer !!!

He is looking at me and my blog reader to be the investor......

He is willing to lease the building to any one and the group will take charge of the cost to convert. The first 6 years free rental and after the 6th year he will charge a norminal rental fee of RM 1,000 a month per floor.

He would like to share 50:50 of the harvest, less cost of operations.

Hmmmmmmmmm ...... Not a bad deal.

Okay, those who read this blog, U can just tell me yes and how many lots are you able to take up. Minimum is one and maximum is 4 lots.

The cost to renovate is not more then 25K a floor. We attack the top two floors. So we only need about 50K. Any extra, if required, shall be negotiated.

I wanted to have about 10 people who have 5K to hold one lot of the share.

I already have 2, I need at least 3-5 more.

I think I can use this unit as a training center for all those newbies who are keen to own a BH but could not effort to own the whole unit.(Cost to own one is at least RM 250K)

It will also be a good trainig ground for those who one day will own their own unit.

The choice is yours and it will be on first come first served basis ....













PS: So far I have received a total of four parties taking up 8 lots and nearly taken up. I am very suprised that within less then four hours they are nearly fully taken.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning,Harry :
Actually my commend is that, the shop owner's idea very smart, may be.. just may be, after the BH was success, the owner will took back for his own. Unless all the JV members has put in the name in the property agreement.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Lester,

Don't worry. I will set a time bomb in the BH. If the owner play us out we will activate it ... He he he ....

Just joking .....

Well Mr.B have already rented a unit to built a BH. Unfortunately the tenant was so secretive and until now he cud not enter the house ....

He is very considerate but the tenant is not .... So who is right and who is wrong?????

Christopher.Loke said...

Harry,

I agree with lester. The shop owner is having the advantage. He can turn the table and stop the collaboration when the BH become successful.

You know, people hearts may change when BIG MONEY COME.

Anonymous said...

Harry,

This is a very GOOD idea. This is really an altruistic & splendid idea. At least it gives poor newbies a chance to learn & own part of the Bird Nest business.

Way to go Harry!

Thanks .

Eddie.

Anonymous said...

Dear Harry,
I just wanna add a few words here about the owner Ben Gan.He owns a blog http://blisswise.blogspot.com ans I have been reading his blog.I figured out that he is a bit like Harry,like to share good stuffs with others not in SF of course but in the sector that known best to him -The Stock Market.In my opinion ,he is a person worth trusting.To Lester and Chris,please visit Mr Ben's blog and make a judgement from there.

cheers
Sam

Anonymous said...

Harry,

mm...5k a lot is good. I am interested....

This shop looks like it is situated in the city. Is it easy to get licence/permit from local gov? Many pahang places got kacau by them. Better be safe than sorry.


Thanks

Unknown said...

The owner is smart but the investors are not stupid. Harry is trying to create a win-win situation. Ask him for the details of the agreement. Only when you are fully satisfied should you involved yourself.
Nothing venture, nothing gain.
Happy chirpping; jeet jeet zwet zewt!!

Ben Gan said...

Fair exchange is no robbery.Here's a good chance to get involved in swiftlet farming. By investing 5k you get a good chance to learn first hand from Harry. You will know how he actually build a birdhouse and how he operates one. This could be your stepping stone to much better things to come. You may even hit the jackpot.
If you trust Harry, join him; if not just forget about him.
Cheers and good luck.