Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The GAPH Seminar At Mandarin Court Hotel.


After registering all my 9 blog readers I decided to stay until the talk was over.

I was trying to ensure that all my blog readers whom I promised to take care feel at home and provide them all the neccessary techniques what they should do and reap the maximum benefits from such a wonderful Seminar.

One of the most important reasons why they attend this Seminar is of course the Certificate of Attendence issued by Jabatan Haiwan. This certificate is compulsory for birdhouse lisence application with the Local Authorities and will be usefull when you deal with Bank Pertanian and Mara.

The next thing that I personally advised them to do is to get closed to those speakers who delivered the speaches. These Heads of Departments of various relevant Government Ministeries could be someone that might be of helps if they have problems in the near future with their birdhouses.



Mr Azman of BAN is someone special since he is very closed to the Bank and Ministery of Agriculture. I talked my guys to zoom on him on those big borrowings with the Bank. Yes if you need to borrow say a million to a maximum of 5 million go with Mr Azman. I believed he have a strong cable with the Ministery of Agriculture and Bank Pertanian.

The exhibition by one of the swiftlet equipment supplier was also an eye opener.

During the Seminar, I feel very honoured to meet many other readers of whom I have never met before. Some came to shake my hand and said " Harry, I am truely honored to meet your in person. I have been reading your blog and please continue writing."

I feel like are celebrity throught out the seminar. Lots of new friends and I am so happy that what I did for those nine were well appreciated.

Also to mentioned one of the participant hailed from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah followed me to my house to get some birdhouse sketches that I did for some friends. After sharing some light moments I send him back to Pudu Raya. He was a very happy man.

What impressed me most about this GAPH Seminar is the way those speakers delivered their speaches. All of them are a kind of very passionate over their roles in the promotion of Birdnest Industries in Malaysia. You can see the genuine effort in telling all the participants that they are there to help and they would also like to protect the Industry with their life (sort of).



Mr Reduan, the main speaker indicated that he have lined up 12 talks for 2008. The next will be in Kedah at Grand Continental Hotel on 29th April 2008. His idea is to have the most above 50 participants on each occassion. This number is much easier to handle as compared to 100 or above.

Mr Mohamad Raduan Malik, seem to have this passion of defending the birdnest business in total. He used to fight with various Local Government Departmental Heads and the Banks just because of his clients. He believed that Birdnest business is in its infant stage and there are lots of things that need to be done. His motto is to promote and not to kill this highly profitable business. The foreign exchange generated from this business is enormous. He also advise all participants to look after this business to the maximum. Do not make any negative remarks or comments that will eventually cause harm to the industry. Be carefull on what you write plus those pictures posting on the internet,he said. There lots of people out there who try to find faults with the Industries.



What impressed me most was the talk by Bank Pertanian Malaysia. The speaker, a very Senior Manager from HQ, seem to know lots of things about Swiftlet Farming. The way he talks makes me feel that he too have his own birdhouse? The best remarks he made was the amount of fund made available to Swiftlet Farming. There is still about 200 million from a specific fund suitable for swiftlet farming. If this 200 million is exhausted, he can channel your application to another fund which is "unlimited". The 200 million is opened to all races, to individual or companies, interest rate of 3.75% a year, maximum is 5 million and collateral needed was about 50% (negotiable).



Majlis Amanah Rakyat (Mara) also have a reasonable allocation to fund swiftlet farming. They have never done this before but now they are keen to helps Bumiputra's land owners to be swiftlet owners. Maximum allocation is RM250,000 with yearly profit sharing (untung) of 4%.

Mr Azman of Bina Agro Nusantara seem to be the biggest star of the day. His talks plus those pictures and video clips seem to pull the audiance to him like those swiftlet birdcall tests. He seem have the formula to ensure that your birdhouse will be filled with nests within 2-3 years. I am not very sure about it but I am certain that he can be a good source to get the 5 million loans from the bank provided that you have a big swiftlet project in hand.

I enjoyed the day very much and looking forward for the next one in Alor Star. Hope to get as many blog readers there so that they have the licence to operate legal birdhouses in Malaysia.

So my beloved blog readers, please try not to miss the next talk. To me this certificate of attendance is like having your driving lisence approved.

Once you have this certificate you become a qualified birdhouse owner or potential owner. The most important is that you now know what are the things that you should do or follow and your name now will be with the Jabatan Haiwan database .....

















No comments: