Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bentong Birdcall Experiences !!!



Yesterday's trip to Bentong, Pahang was enlightining and at the same time met a new friend who is genuinely facinated with swiftlet farming.

He was never a swiftlet farming enthusiast before but after reading my swiftletfarming.blogspot.com he is more then convinced that swiftlet farming is the best among all those that he have come across.

He tried to be a forum member of a popular forum chapter but was flatly rejected. You can imagine how one feel being rejected more then three times.

I consoled him that at least he stumbled into my blog and there isn't any rules and regulations to stop him from reading my articles.

Whatever said and done I still feel very sad that this can happened to a reputable Bentong resident who have more then 5 pieces of landmarks properties in Bentong alone.

Well I guess you cannot win all the time.......

What really interest me most while in Bentong was the way those Bentong Swiftlet Species responded to my Birdcall tests.

The first test was conducted on a piece of land just after the Khidmat Negara Camp. I played all the three Cds (Awesome, Duress and Talk2me) and the birds respond was bad. I did feel desperate, stressed and unbelievable. How could that happen to me? ...

It could be due to the sound or the time or the location .......

After my late lunch, 3 pm, we proceeded to the 4 stories building to take the necessary measurements.

After that we went over to Mr.B Bungalow and start the song playing time.

I played almost 8 to 10 sounds and only one seem to be giving the right entising sound....

In the beginning I was pretty desperate but the last Disc did a very good job.

I played for almost 30 minutes. We sip some plain tea while watching those swiftlets swooping above the car roof top.

The lesson learned here is that if you want to conduct a birdcall test in a place that is remote, you need to bring along more then one / two CDs. You need 10 or more. I was lucky since I have a full bag of 48 CDs.

So to all my blog readers, especially those who ordered and collect their birdcall test units please be informed and if you need any help please call me for additional CDs ..........

No comments: