Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

IGP: This Morning Got Fiece Scolding From Wife !!!

I need to relate this wonderfull story about the life of a swiftlet enthusiast.

He have this gift in writing various articles about swiftlet farming.

He spend almost all his free time on his personal computer to crack his head in coming out something which he can relay to his blog readers. Each of his blog is with some message that will guide them in becoming a good and responsible swiftlet rancher.

At time he will put efforts in introducing new products that he feels will benefit his friends and of course he do conduct some trial at home.

One of his favourite is the Insect Generating Powder (IGP).

He got them from his importer and tried at home. He activate them in a pail and waited patiencely until those maggots turned into pupa and then into those insects.

Since he was staying in an apartment, where else do you think he can keep those smelly container? The laundry drying areas.

This morning, after about two weeks, he peeked into the pail and oh my god, there were so many flies. He do not have the heart to kill them. He come out with the idea to put them in a special netting to bring it to his birdhouse. While doing that those flies have came out and most of them stays in the drying area.



The next thing he heard was his wife screaming at him:

"Harry what are you doing with my drying area?"

"How come there are so many insects in this place?"

I saw her rushing to the kitchen and by then you know what gadget was in her hand, the insect spray.

Oh no. No no no no. Don't kill those beautiful babies .... They are for my swiftlets .....

"I am sorry they are going to haven, now, right now ........"

Oh shit she kill all of them ........

The lesson I learned here is that, do not activate those insect powder at home especially when you stays in an Apartment....

The insect powder do works and be prepared for the worse. They comes in hundreds...

Your wife is alway right. She is always the BOSSS in your house .....

He he he he he ....

I hope you have a good laugh and at the same time just learn what I went through ...

9 comments:

Christopher.Loke said...

Hi Harry,

Luckily I read this message now,
I was having the same idea of wanting to activate the insect power at home first. If I did that I am sure I would get the same treatment from my "Boss".
Ha...Ha....Ha....

Ben Gan said...

Hi Harry,

Experience is the best teacher. These flies coming out from the insect powder; are they the common houseflies or fruit flies (drosophila)? I understand that there is a certain type of flies where people breed and sell in China for some medical values. Do you have any idea about this?
BTW, how much does one kilo of insect powder cost, and how much powder do you use to produce 1000 flies?
Your answer will oblige.
Thanks.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Chris,

Think twice or trice b4 U every activate the insect powder. Just get the green light from the BOSSS it will be okay. Try some like 50 grams or so.... Put in some water and mix the powder until it is soft just like you want to make a donut kuih kodok. Then let see what happen. U might want to share with your kids. They will have a wild time ...

Ben,
The flies are mainly those of fruit flies. Very small but many of them. Once they pupate, they will have sex and lay their eggs in the same pail. Some will fly away but some stays. They keep multiuplying until the content of the food in the pail finish.

I am not sure those flies used in China. U shud google and find out more.

The IGP comes in 2 kilos inclusive of a container. The cost now is about Rm 120 per 2 kilos.

I am not sure how many flies they produced but they continue breeding until the food content in the pail finish.

A recommended items for new house to attract those wild swiftlets to enter the house...

Rosdi said...

Lol that is hillarious... the way you telling it make it even more so...

weilian said...

:) cute story!

Edward said...

Hi Harry,
First of all, I would like to thank you for this so nice and informative blog.
May I know how do I pay for insect powder if I want to buy it.
Thanks.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Edward,

The Insect Powder is something good for your swiftlets. They become like an additional attraction for them to stay with U.

U shud try by buying them from your swiftlet equipment supply shop. I do keep some for my blog readers. If U need them please email your interest and I will inform where to remit the money and will Post Laju the item to your door steps.

Please email me your address once the paymnet is mail. My email is at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

Edward said...

Hi Harry,

Normally how long can we see the insects flying around the powder pail? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Edward

Ulat Bookooz said...

Dear Harry,

My father is an airforce afficer and my late mum always said,
"My Father is General in the house and she is the Major in the house. So while my father made all the General decision, she will make all the Major decision"
hehehehe