Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Entrance Hole: Must It Be Facing The Return Home Path And Why ??

I remembered the first successful advice given to a Vietnamese blog reader who visited Kuala Lumpur and managed to meet up with me.

During the one day tour to Kuala Selangor, Sekinchan, Sungai Rambai and Rawang, I gave him a very useful tip.

He was having difficulties in bringing in those swiftlets in the evening when they are flying home.

I just quipted, why don't you ask your father to change the entrance hole direction facing towards the return home path?

He immediately called his father, in front of me, and told him about my suggestion.

His father did just that. After three days he called me up with such excitement in his voice.

I asked him what happen?

"Harry your idea was incredible. Within three days there were more birds then before. How the hell you come out with such a marvellous idea?"

My answer was just based on logic if you think about it.

Just imagine for a minute if you are one of those birds. In the morning you come out of your house and your appetite for breakfast overwhelms you. Would you want to fly around and visit BHs with sweet bird chirps?

But in the evening, when you are full, you wouldn't mind to glide around and stop by to look at those new BHs especially if they're blaring with sweet melodies.

If you feel right you might want to move your residence to this new BH which is nearer to the hunting ground or perhaps because of the nice interior with good aroma, cool temperature and just the right humidity for nesting.

So you can understand why those flight path is vital in swiftlet birdhouse location selection. Choose the return flight path must be set as first priority.

No comments: