Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Penny Wise Pound Foolish !!!

I remember this phrase from my school days.

"Penny wise pound foolish."

In swiftlet farming I term is as trying to cut corners by getting unqualified person to convert your BH without any supervision and once finished everything were wrong.

It was disappointing and deep inside me I felt very sad that all those advises that you listed were not followed an inch.

I visited this shophouse sometime back and after my six hours to and fro I submitted a three pages report on how to convert to a BH.

Met the owner a couple of times and went thru the list of things to do one by one.

They seem to listen but I never knew that sometime people do pretend to listen but never understood.

The worst is to know that the house is ready and wanted it to be inspected.

The moment I entered, I was for a very big surprised. Nothing was done in accordance to my long list.

Yes nothing at all.

They just leave everything to the so call experience Indonesian workers who claimed to have been working with some big sifu from Klang.

I was devastated and it kill my will to be their adviser.

Demoralised and feel not required at all. I told them that I am not willing to be named as their advisor from today.

The ceiling were wrongly installed, the 100cm x 30cm box were not there, the tweeters were haphazard, the ventilation holes were too many, the entrance hole was too large and on the wrong side, the water pipes were not connected to the pump, the sound were not distributed evenly, the data room was on the staircase and etc .........

Why can't they listen to what was told?

All in all they wanted to do it themselves and wanted to cut corners.

Refuse to let the right person to be there because he charges a small fee.

This exactly why I use the phrase "Penny wise pound foolish."

In the end the BH is not to specifications and I begin to feel not required to be there.

Dear Lord, please help these people to see the right path.

From today, I am not willing to be involved with any potential BH owner if they show signs that they are smarter them me.

There is no use to be their advisor if the moment you turned your back they start doing their own things.

At the end of the day they will be pointing those ten finger to Harry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor them ! i love this phrase said by my old boss - " good things doesn't come in cheap, cheap thing doesn't come in good ! (or something like that).