Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Begin To Wonder Why ?

While in Melaka I was given another opportunity to make a short visit to a newly converted BH.

The owner was Mr.A who owned a couple of Bakeries in this Historic town. The BH unit visited have been emptied for almost 5 months. The "Consultant" modified the BH twice.

The moment I entered his BH Mr.A told me all the things that were wrong.

How come you know so much?

"Sorry Harry I read your blog regularly and I think I know why my BH until today have no birds however I need your final confirmation that what I suspected are right?"

"But Harry the "Consultant" that I engaged is a very popular BH designer who claimed to have build many BHs in Peninsular and Sabah. How come they do this to me?"

I begin to feel the heat and I just do not wish to criticise anybody on the matter.

One of the most common issue in most of the failed BHs are the followings:

1) The consultant misunderstood the purpose of the ventilation holes.

2) The room temperatures and Humidity reading were ignored in total.

3) No Thermo-hygrometer being placed on the walls to provide the record of these temperatures and humidity.

4) The air flow in the BH seem to be very heavy so much so the BH air are those of the ambient air. They are too hot and too dry.

5) The entrance hole are too wide so much so that the air from the outside can create havoc in all the rooms.

6) The smell in these new BHs are flat or nothing at all. You need to mimic a successful BH smell.

7) The lighting need a proper attention.

8) Tweeters number and placements are too little and in the wrong directions.

The good news is that my blog have provided a best information center to detect these unscrupulous "Consultants".

Mr.A claimed that he use a Chinese Conversion software to translate my blog articles before digesting my articles.

He seem to remember most of the ideas given by myself and wanted to implement them by stages.

He have decided to take over from the current "consultant" and carry out his own modifications.

I feel honored to serve the swiftlet community but at the same time feel sad that there are lots of new BHs that are being build wrongly.

No comments: