Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

A Painfull Experiences In Tumpat!!!

Reached Kota Bahru at about 1pm from Bukit Mertajam.

Along the way here I took the two Cambodians as early as 5am to Padang Serai, Kedah. Took them to see those birds going out in the morning.

At 7am took the east west highway to Kota Bahru. A fantastic experiences and those mountain views were fantastic.

The moment we crossed the mountain area and entered Jeli we stopped to conduct some birdcall test.

The two seem to be doing fined. They came out with a very detail observations. Pak Harry there are more then 5 groups of birds here. Each tend to group in their own colony.

Hmm they are learning very fast and more then what I expected.

Upon reaching KB called Mr L to pick up his Bazooka tweeter plus take me and the Cambodians to visit their "sick" BH.

Pak Harry, the BH have been in operation for more then 7 months and there is no nest but with a bit of Bshits on the floor. Please tell us what is wrong with it."

Mr.L called all his 3 partners to receive me at the BH.

The unit was beside a house and in an abandoned padi field facing Ridel Hotel, KB. To the left, about two kilometers away, is a successful BH.

What do you think is wrong with the BH? Located under the flying path, in a town called Tumpat and lots of open fields and water sources too.

My rought conclusion, before entering the BH, was that there was a major screw up in the house. The whole house is facing a very serious "sickness" which in term of human being need to be hospitalised in the ICU unit.

Tumpat, according to my Kelantan friend, is the second hotspot location after Kuala Krai.

You simply cannot fail unless your BH have some major problems.

I entered the BH and as expected the whole place was unbelievably in a very bad shape. The roof was leaking, the floor was wet, the entrance hole was too big, the nesting planks were full of fungus and you name it you got it.

I was in a very deep pain. Sad to know that they did now know how bad their BH was. They should have monitor closely before reaching this "ICU" stage.

Just could not undestand while their "Consultant" did nothing to stop the rot?

Just imagine, if you want to count the findings using your fingers you need to have three more sets of hands, at least.

Well, I am glad that they realised their faults and have some one to help them to redo the whole BH.

This morning, November 22 I submitted a twelve pages hand written report to Mr.L.

He was so happy and promised to follow what I wrote on those papers. He promised to call me for one inspection, after doing up0 the BH, before playing the Black Clouds that I have given to him.

Well at least this trip, I managed to help one more BH that is stranded in the "ICU".

I am sure there are more to come........

No comments: