Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Special BH Design With Exit Hole For The Birds !!!

I always mentioned to all by blog readers that swiftlet farming is weired.

The more you learned about them the more you don't know about them.

However when you learned more about them, you just wanted to know more and more.......

You just cannot stop and said that I know 100% of swiftlet. I do not want to listen to anyone any longer.
Trust me I am still learning new things nearly everyday.

I visited Besut, my second time, and I was treated to a delicious breakfast. After finishing the meal I walked with Mr.J. We passed the oldest BH in Besut and he pointed to me a hole that looks like an entrance hole, very small (1' X 1'), but with not a single tweeter. It has a special tongue to block the rain water and direct sunlight.

"Pak Harry, What do you think that hole is for? "

I look carefully and check where the hell was the entrance hole. Oh yes it was on the top of the roof.

Hmm ........ why must the owner have another hole at the BH wall with no tweeters?

How come nobody ever inform me about this additional opening before?

I gave up and not to be embarrassed asked politely, can I know the answer?

"Pak, that hole is for the birds to fly out in the morning. You can see that it is facing the East and thats is where the sun will start the day. When the birds are up in the morning they will use those lights as their direction out."

"The interesting thing is that when they come home in the evening they never use this hole. They enter via the entrance hole."
"I used the same technique in my BH too and it works very well. You see if you have this hole the entrance hole can be reduce in size."

Hmm..... I am learning new things and I am sure there will more to come.

So the more we visit new BHs the more we learn new things.

The more we learned the better we become.

I believed this type of information should be shared with all my blog readers. They are lucky to be reading my blog.

So with this new finding you might want to consider having an exit hole for your future BHs.




No comments: