Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stay In Puri Hotel, Melaka And Look At Those Swiftlets !!!

While driving to Melaka last two weeks, I called Dr.R of Putra Jaya.

"Doc this is Harry. I am on the way to Melaka. I remembered you mentioned about a hotel with a number of swiftlets staying in one of the hall."

"Yes Harry, the name of the Hotel is Hotel Puri, closed to Jonker's Street."
Well well well. I was very happy that the hotel I was booked in sound the same, Puri Hotel.

The moment I arrived I park my car outside and quickly entered the lobby. Frankly I was not searching for the reception counter but those swiftlets.

At first there was nothing and I felt disappointed. Wait a second why can't I ask the bell boy to direct me to the room where those swiftlets were nesting.
Yes, it was just at the back of the reception counter.

Marvellous, they nest in an open area with so much light day and night.

I begin to wonder those guidelines that said that these swiftlets love dark areas. So how come they built in an open area with lots of light.
Hmm...... I remember what Pak Hen said. In swiftlet farming one plus one is never equal to two.

Enjoy all the pictures I took and if you are in Melaka make sure you stay at this boutique hotel.

"The hotel is a carefully restored Peranakan house which once belonged to the descendants of an eminent philanthropist and rubber plantation owner, Tan Kim Seng. Extending 100 metres long, its distinct characteristics are its beautiful and intricately decorated facade and the impressive length of the house. Retaining its old charm, Hotel Puri Melaka provides modern amenities to its hotel guests."





















No comments: