Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A BH Above A Shop At Sekinchan Town !!!



(The BH owner request not to show any photo taken so used this Salak Tinggi BH Picture)

Three weeks ago I got a call from a BH owner who wanted me to visit his BH at Sekinchan, Selangor.

I asked him to wait when I make my trip to revamp a BH some where closed to his BH.

This will cut down some of his cost.

Today after delivering a car load of BH equipment I gave a call to the owner.

He was ready to receive me.

The moment I landed he hurriedly took me to the floor just above his electrical shop.

"Pak Harry this BH was put into operation only recently.  Can you tell me what can be wrong?  Those birds will come in a group but they will not enter the nesting room.  Yes they flew just around the hall that is closed to the monkey house." he tried to explain.

The first thing that came to my mind after listening to his introduction was his external sound.

My gut feeling tells me that his external sound was not correctly lined up.

"Okay why don't you switch of the internal sound and let me listen to your external sound" I urged him.

The moment he shut off the internal sound, it was crystal clear that what I predicted was right.

The external sound was only activated around the monkey house and the hall.

There was not a single tweeters playing the external sound leading to or inside the nesting room.

This was why all those birds that entered refuse to go any further into the BH.

The moment they passed the last tweeter playing the external sound they will make a quick turn towards the monkey house area.

Yes all in all because there was no external sound to lead them into the nesting room.

A very common mistake and only those who understand more above this special creature will know their basic requirement.

Other than the sound problem I can see many other issues that can become a big disaster if they were not remove or eliminated.

One major problem was the heat on the walls and the ceiling.

The average wall temperature was above 32.5*C while the roof was touching 33.2*C.

My next point of concern was the number of ventilation holes.

I pointed that his BH needed at least three to four additional air holes.

The third point was on the number of internal sound tweeters.

I asked him to triple up the numbers.

He need to install at least two sets of chocolate tweeters to pull those swiftlet into the nesting room.

There was not a single fake nest installed in his BH.

After a lengthy explanation I told him to have at least 100 pieces.  Each to be sprayed with my Super Pheromone aroma.

I took sometime to sketch the most conducive division of the floor.

After some time digesting the list of things to upgrade he told me to come over and carry out the revamp myself as soon as I can.

Oh my my, I got one to finish and only after that I might be able to move my staff over.

He was okay with that and will wait for my arrangement.

No comments: