Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Maran BH Ownership, a New Twist.


 (The side entrance hole with hexagonal tweeter just installed)

A very interesting story from a Dad who used to ridicule his own son about swiftlet farming.

This interesting story happened in Maran Pahang where I am now about to complete revamping a sick BH with 2.5 nests after into operation for almost 1.5 years.

The main owner is a old man who works very hard as a plantation worker.

He now owned 5 BHs however the highest nests population he has was about 60 nests after into operation for more than 3 years.

This was where his own son talked to him about getting some professional person to review what went wrong with all his BHs.

For the start he wanted to try one and if it works he should extend to the rest.

I was locked in by the son who came to KLumpur attending my Seminar.

He went back home with all the thing he learned and talk to his dad.

The first impression was not good at all.

"Why should I listen to this young man when I have so many personal friends of my age who have many successful BHs," his main comment to his young son.

Day after day the five BHs were moving at a very slow pace and finally he decided to give his son a break.

"Okay I give you this new BH and show to me that you can improve its nest population."

The young son called me up one day and told me how tough it was to convince his dad.

Finally I was at site doing the conversion job.

The funny thing was that the dad do drop by and met me a couple of times.

A very proud father and knows that his BH is not performing to his expectation.

He insisted that I took a ride with him to show the rests of his BHs.

"Pak Harry I am about to finish two more BHs." he claimed.

I was shocked and nicely told him that he should concentrate in populating the current 5 first and perhaps after that go ahead with the new two.

Well he secretly started to judge me on my behavior and friendliness.

He came again and again to know our status.

After a couple of visit his opinion about his son begin to change.

"Okay lah Pak Harry I have decided to give 3 of the 5 BH to my only son, one each to my two daughters.' he said.

I was surprised on how suddenly he entrusted two more BHs to his only son when the one he just gave was yet to be put into operation.

I sense that he was feeling very depressed that his BH was not doing well and so far no one came to help him to improve.

Now his son brought me to redo the internals and put up many new tools to draw more birds inside.

He also learned many new things from me until he was very confident that I can correct all his BHs.

His new decision was the result of this short meetings when I was there at site.

He finally agree to transfer the three BHs to his only son.

I though he wanted to test his son first with the first BH.  Only after he sees the result he will do the needful.

Right now the decision came much earlier until his own son was as surprised as me.

"Pak Harry I don't know what you did to my father.  He is now a changed person.  Thank you very much."  his word.

I am happy for him.

At least I become a mediator between the two who used to quarrel very often.

No comments: