Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Some Where At Chenderong Balai Perak !!!



 (The view of the back part of the BH, very little ventilation holes)

I took almost 3 hours to arrive at this remote town called Chenderong Balai Perak.

All in all I was trying my utmost best to respond to someone who would like to know what went wrong with his family BH.

The three stories BH was erected about 2-3 years ago and the nest number was two and both have missing tenants.

I took about 45 minutes to inspect every part of the BH and my sincere comment was something like these:

1) The BH was too hot inside.  Main reason being the walls were of single layer.

2) The number of ventilation holes were too little.

3) The two type of entries meeting at one room is not the way to go.

4) The BH looks similar to most BH with very little frills to attract those swiftlet.

5) The BH was neglected for quite a while with no power supply.

The only way to bring the BH back to it original function is to heat shield all the walls.

The BH should never experience any sound failure in the future.

I have the luxury to check the wall temperatures and I was shock to see what was displayed on my thermometer laser gun screen.

Wow nearly all part of its walls were above 33*C. Some spots were as high as 33.4*C.

This might be the possible source of heat that pushed the hygro-thermometer to show 32.2*C on it and its maximum temperature recorded was 33.8*C.

Any new BH with such a high internal temperature will stand very little chance to get those birds attention.

 My frank opinion to the owner was to get all his walls be heat shielded.

To cut cost he can focus on the top most floor but if he can afford try to heat shield all the walls both top and bottom floors.

My second opinion was to split the BH into two units.

The top most floor to have the top entry structure while the bottom floor to use the side entry hole.

I put forward my sketches on how the two floors should looked like and he agreed to comply to my proposal.

There were very little external sound playing tweeters on both the top and side entry areas.

My idea was to pop up with 10 power tweeters, a kite tweeter, relocate the hexagonal tweeter and add at least 8 new pole tweeters to the building.

He was very interested with my marvelous idea but I told him to use the "Last Tango" sound arrangement to minimize disturbances to his next door neighbor.

The BH was almost bare with no partitioning.

I told him to create at least one VIP room on the top floor and two on the lower floor.

The room to be given some gadgets to lure all those birds that entered.

My idea was to add additional number of internal sound tweeters, two sets of chocolate tweeters and 50 fake nests.

I also provided my plan to choose the most effective external and internal sound for those species of birds found flying above his BH every evening.

My idea to use a concentrated super pheromone liquid on all his nesting planks (VIP room) thrilled him.

He was thrilled with my list of recommendations.

I told him to consider following all those ideas and I am sure he will be able to reactive his BH.

If he wanted a precision work he can get me and my staff to be at his BH to carry out the renovation operation.

I stressed to him that if he wanted to do it using his own workers please go ahead.

He shook his head and insisted that I do it to what I wanted it to be.

"I want precision and I cannot afford the BH to fail.  My dad will kill me if I should make the wrong move" he confirmed his stand.

I left the small town about 6:45pm and soon after received his SMS thanking me for being so honest and willingness to share my knowledge.

No one will be like Pak Harry and I think all my blog reader should know that.

I reached home at 9:00pm tired but glad that I have done another good deed for the day.

No comments: