Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why You Need A High Humidity In Your BH !!!

"Pak Harry is my bh humidity high enough?"  a common question asked my many BH owners.

My answers usually will not be based on the condition of the BH floors or how many pails of water the owner laid all over the place but let me have a look at your those nests.

The moment you inspect the nests condition you can safely tells the owner how bad or how good is his BH humidity.

Let us take a look at these nests that I recently captured:




The nests looks very dry and you can count how many cracks or gaps there are on each nest.

What do you think will be my answer?

Three most possible answers will be:

Sorry I think your BH humidity sucks.  He he he.....just wanted to laugh to myself first before I choose the right answer to him.

or

If you think you are smart by having a big water pond on the roof will help to humidify your nesting rooms I think you have to think twice.  I was trying to be sarcastic, he he he....

or

I think you should crucify your "Sifu". He lacks the basic knowledge about swiftlet farming.  Dump him and learn yourself.  You might be 100 times better then him.  He he he, now I can have one less competitor for the "Sifu" title.

You can clearly see the conditions on many of the nests.

Those cracks were due to too low a humidity.

These cracks will eventually will not help to support those young birds when the outgrown the nests.

The two poor babies once they were too big have to perch somewhere and that somewhere will be on their nest where they were raised.

Can those cracks help to support the two babies?

The answer is obviously no.

If by shear accident one of their leg got stuck to any of those cracks you can imagine how fatal it will be.

This is one possible reason why many BHs with lots of nests have difficulties to lure their young babies who flew out to return home.

Yes they are scared to return home because if they do their own babies will be facing the same danger.

Just ask this very silly question:  If you are one of the baby birds will you fly back into the same dry house to start your family?

The answer is no.

So think carefully about it and let me know if I am wrong.




No comments: