Finally the revamp operation of this beutiful BH completed today August 6th 2013.
I took only 2.5 weeks to finish the three floors.
The proud owner was pretty excited over how we transformed his sick BH into something which can be very proud off.
On the very last day when he came to see me and my worker doing the final touch ups he help in getting the floor wet.
He saw me climbing the aluminum ladder cleaning the nesting planks one by one.
"Pak Harry what are you doing?" he asked.
Making sure your nesting plank is cleaned and applied with Super Pheromone is important.
If you look at those planks that have not been cleaned you can see lots of foot marks.
How do you think those swiftlet will react if these planks are full of dirt and foot marks?
What I did was to select suitable ceiling areas especially inside the VIP rooms.
Cleaned them with mild salt water added with fermented raw nests water.
Once cleaned and dried I will apply at least one layer of the Super Pheromone liquid.
If you wish to make it more attractive you might apply a second layer once the first dried.
The floor were wet and the humidifiers were activated.
I told the owner to set the humidity sensor at 88%RH.
It will activate once the room humidity is below 85%RH and stop supplying the electricity to the humidifiers at 91%RH.
He was very fascinated with some modern tools to help maintaining his BH humidity.
The other interesting features I installed inside this BH were as follows:
1) Two sets of hexagonal tweeters above a pole about 5 feet long.
2) The top entry areas were installed with a kite tweeter connected to the external sound.
3) I also have a number of power tweeters to set the last tango sound.
4) I have begun using the pole tweeters at the door and window frames.
5) A new LAL hole was drilled and open. Its size was about 5 feet by 8 feet and located precisely where those birds will be flying in and out.
6) I was surprised that the number of internal sound tweeters went up to 750 pieces. It used to be below 150 pieces.
7) Erected two wet floor pool on the ground floor and both were inside the two VIP rooms.
8) The top two floors were provided with a set of chicken coop humidifier.
9) One interesting new idea that I installed as a test ground is to have one of the VIP room with six small tweeters running a mating sound. This test will be monitored from time to time. If this VIP room draws the most number of nests I know that the mating sound system is important.
10) I sprinkled a bag of anti stress powder inside two of the VIP rooms. The powder smells like "Prawn Paste" or "Belacan" and the manufacturer claimed that the powder can reduce stress in the birds.
11) I have two sets of last tango sounds.
12) The external sounds for the main entrance hole is Selking while the second hole is the SuperRedBean.
13) The internal used was the Super Baby King.
14) The BH was installed with more then one type of owl prevention.
15) 20 bags of fresh bird shit were transported from Gambang.
16) I have installed at least 400 pieces of fake nests in three types.
During one of the test run the response were OK and encouraging.
Let us hope that there will be 100 nests within the next 12 months or lesser.