Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Maran BH Under Transformation !!!

 (Maran Top Entry Area)


Barely two weeks and the Maran BH is now looks more and more like what a BH should looked like.

The BH was with only 3.5 nests after being into operation for almost 1.5 years.

What it lacked was nothing more than some upgrading to be more like a BH.

I put a list of things that it needed and now I can see the changes that I was having in mu mind.

The first to be upgraded were the two entrance holes areas.

I strongly believed that the two entrance hole should have enough gadgets to lure more birds to the rooftop and the hole per say.

The top entry roof opening is now with a number of new external sound tweeters that can bring more birds to the rooftop.

I got the hexagonal tweeter towering above the hole about 4 feet high, a set of power tweeters that I used for my last tango sound and a kite tweeter.

Have a look at the two pictures before and after:

Before:

 After:




The second entrance hole was a side entry.

What I did was to place one more hexagonal tweeter with separate wire.

I can now play two different external sound one for the top entrance hexagonal tweeter and the other the side entrance hexagonal tweeter.

There are two pole tweeters on the window frame, if you look carefully.

I removed the so called "Book Shelf" at the lower frame of the entrance window.

Have a look at the two pictures before and after:

Before
 (Used to be bare)

After


(Improved the sound distribution at 360*)

The top most floor is now dedicated for those birds entering from the window entrance hole while the bottom two floors are for those that enter from the top entry hole.

I gave no choice to my worker to seal the illuminating door inside the main nesting floor.

The cheap plastic door was dismantled and totally cemented with sand bricks.

Have a look at before and after pictures:

Before

 (The illuminated plastic door)



After
(Sealed with a "Kiss" sand bricks and was later plastered).

The toughest and the dustiest operation was the opening of the BH LAL connecting the middle floor and the ground floor.

Current BH design was using those ziz zag staircases.

I prefer a direct flying in technique and did the opening to my liking.

Once the birds enter the BH top entry, they need to fly down to the second floor.

What I did was to make sure they will continue with the flying momentum into another operning.

The best location is just below the staircase (Staircase from 2nd floor to 3rd floor).

Have a good look at some pictures taken last week on the LAL hole:

 (The precise location, just below the staircase)


 Luckily the floor and those steel rod were not thick)



 (Bottom View)

(Larger in Size, ready to cut the steel rods)

The nesting planks on the upper most floor was about to be transformed.

I took a lot of time to remove the old tweeters and replaced with new but in clasters.

I also introduced a reasonable of fake nests:

Before


 (It was like this when I took over)

After:
( I make it look more attractive)



Will update once the BH is completed.

Call me if you need any advise from me

Call this number 0177551318

No comments: