After almost two weeks and the revamp or re-engineering works on the Sekinchan BH were over.
The BH looks okay and I assured the BH owner that the BH will have a reasonable number of birds within the next few weeks.
The only major change made was the relocation of two LALs to lure those wild birds from the back to the front nearer to the monkey house.
The old design seems to think that LALs should be far away from the main entrance area.
This causes lesser birds going down to the ground floor.
One very critical decision made while revamping this BH was to shut down the top most floor.
I told the owner that if we allow those swiftlet to enter the floor most of them will not stay for long and will never built any nest.
My main reason was directed to the very high temperature recorded on the floor.
The culprit was the cement roof that was not covered with any elevated zinc roof to prevent direct sun rays.
A few days ago the roof was hitting 40.8*C while the back wall recorded 35.3*C, the left wall facing the west was 33*C and the opposite wall was at 32*C.
You can imagine how hot is the floor with all the three walls and it cement ceiling showing such a very high temperatures.
Just think what will happen to your body when you climb the staircase and walked onto the floor.
Within a very short minutes you will be swearing how hot it was and your body will be drenched with sweat.
For this reason I have decided to close or make it difficult for those swiftlet to enter the floor area.
The moment they entered the monkey house they will be directed to fly down via the new LAL holes.
If they should stay down on both floors below there will be a very strong chance that they will stay for good.
The owner plan to look into installing a roof once his financial resources is okay.
"Just get the zinc roof cladded with those foam installed as per my sketch and call me to insulate the walls with those heat shield material, your top floor will be okay." I voiced my opinion to him.
I have created two VIP rooms per floor and each room was filled with aroma sprayed fake nests.
The number of internal sound tweeters was about 300 pieces per floor.
I took some trouble to clean some of the nesting planks and also applied with the liquid super pheromone.
Another major problem with the BH was without any pipe water.
After some discussion with the owner we pull a pipe from a house beside the fence.
This tedious operation took one fruitful day away just because we wanted to operate those humidifiers and filled the "wet floor system".
Again we went blank when the water pressure was not adequate to push the water to the top most floor (roof).
After waiting for one night, hoping that the water pressure will be okay at night, we were disappointed.
I set down with my workers and told them to cut the height from the roof top to the second floor.
This time it works.
Another half day gone just to get the pipe water into the BH.
Got the wet floor filled and those humidifier functioned.
Also wet the walls and the floors just to make them wet and cool.
I was happy that the job was finally over and now need to take a few days rest before proceeding to Sungai Rambai.
My workers inform the owner that each morning there were about 8-10 birds inside.
During working there were a few birds already ready to be permanent tenants.
A very good news to the owner who have been waiting for almost 2 years to get some visitors inside.