Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

The First BH Inspected During August 23rd 2013 Visit to KK !!!

A majestic looking 4 stories BH with little nests inside.

My first BH inspection was somewhere in Papar, Sabah.

A four stories BH about 25 feet by 80 feet by 9 feet tall per floor.

The owner opted for a top entry entrance hole type using a kind of monkey house structure.

This BH was put into operation for almost 8 months but with very little nests (two only) so far.

The number of bird shit spots were about 15 and mainly on the third floor.

The owner purchased my "SuperVac" earlier and was using it when I was at his BH.  No wonder the number of birds flying in and out was unusual.

Upon inspection I put forward some concern on his BH.

The number one on the list was the power supply.  He is using those solar powered system.  I told him that usually using solar system gives a kind of limitation.  Less flexibility.

Main reason was that we have to be careful not to exhaust the batteries to operate those critical things inside and outside.

My second concern about this particular BH was the use of top entry system with a monkey house structures.

This design will have a reasonable disadvantages since those swiftlet will not find the main entry hole that easy.

My suggestion to him was to cut the monkey house structure to become like a slanting box cut diagonally.

My third big concern was the use of 4 feet by 4 feet cement boards as its floor.  This will be a big problem if by accident the BH was flooded.

He should have opt for cement concrete floor but was wrongly advised to use the cement boards.

The only way out is to cover the floor with those plastic sheet used by rural kampung house owners to flatten out their wooden floors.  The plastic sheet will be able to prevent water from wetting the cement boards.

Fourth interesting concern was the follow up tweeters used inside this BH.

As usual and very common in most failed BHs is that the external sound is only at the entrance hole areas or at the tunnel.  Nothing were done on the rest of the doors and inside the nesting room.

Sketched where to put the additional tweeters and also drew the type of tweeters to be installed.

Fifth have to do with the room just when the birds enter each floor.

The consultant came out with this strange idea of making a room about 10 feet by 10 feet with one inlet hole about 1.5 feet by 2 feet and two outlet holes about 1 feet by 1 feet.



My recommendation: Please don't use this poor design


It was so tight that will make those birds to turn backward and out they go.

The most ridiculous design ever accounted during this trip.  I am not surprise to see more weird designs.

Sixth point that I highlighted to the BH only was about his open space concept.
Those swiftlet loves rooms.  Why don't he create one or two VIP rooms.  I sketched the precise locations with appropriate door frames.

Seventh point was the use of fake nests.  He did installed a few, about 10 or so per floor, but I am looking at perhaps 50-100 per floor.

Eight point was the use of hexagonal tweeters.  I almost swear to the almighty that he will get three to four times more birds visiting his rooftop.  He was not amused with my swearing but I insisted to say so.

I also suggested on the used of two Bazookas and perhaps two kite tweeters.

Overall this BH needs lots of attention.

I put forward my report to him the next day and told him to call me if he cannot understand what I wrote using my personal hand writing.

I told him to keep the original because one day when the BH is full he can auction the report for RM 1,000,000.

Who knows it might be a very sorted after artifact within the next 20 years.

Those whose BH are sick please let me know.

Call me at 0177551318

______________________________________________________________________________
The best method to get more birds into your BH
is to apply this method used by someone
from Dungun Trengganu

_________________________________________________________________________________



The BH walls were made of special brick

 Fig tree obtained from my follower with his BH in Tilapok

Look at the monkey house

The entering point is on the roof of this monkey house.

I disagree on the monkey house with opening of the roof.


No comments: