Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Three Interesting Events That Makes You Want To Do Much Much More !!!





Today August 10th 2013 and I am back at home in Kuala Lumpur.

Over the week I have such a marvelous time with a number of BH owners who happened to use my advises and services.

One of them was from Batang Berjuntai.

"Pak Harry I think the humidifiers plus the recent renovation is doing great." he started the phone conversation.

"I am monitoring the progress of my BH by watching the CCTV cameras.  The front entrance seems to be the birds preferred entry point and their numbers are steadily growing.  They seems to like the VIP room you recommended.  The new one initially will survey the main hall just below the staircase and after a few time they will fly into the nesting room."  he said.

Now what he wanted to ask my opinion was on whether to shut the second entrance hole.

I told him to follow hit gut feeling but make sure the second hole be shut in stages.

I reminded him that the second entrance hole have at least 13 nests on the top floor.  Now if he suddenly shut the window they will have difficulties to enter and provide food to their babies.

The best is to shut it in stages and make sure those birds will find their way out through the new doors or window.

The second person that was talking to me about his BH was an owner of three BHs with 1000+ nests each.

"Pak Harry after doing the revamp operation per your visit report I can see that the birds seems to stay much longer when we entered the BH.  They will move from one room to the other and I think they like the new environment."  he expressed his findings.

The only sad point was a few young birds died and maybe their mother dare not enter the house when the revamp operation was in progress.

The revamp operation went very well and I commented on a few areas that they need to finish them up.

Since they could not remember what to do with the other two BHs I told them to allow me to revisit the two and allow me to provide the list of thing to carry out.

The owner's father was with us all along to jot down what need to be done.

Both father and son was very happy with my recommendations.

I reminded them again and again that their main responsibility is not to catch those birds from their neighbors but to tackle their own young birds from leaving their house.

"Remember your have at least 6000 young birds every 12 months per BH and what you need to focus is to lure them to stay at  home and not to migrate to other houses." I keep stressing this point.

They took my point and promised to work towards that goal.  My rule of the thumb is to increase the nest number by 100% per 12 months.

If they wanted to add 50% more I recommend them to test my super pheromone high concentration liquid.

They agreed and will allow me to apply the solution in all the three BHs.

The last communication was with this newbie who owned a BH in Bintulu, Sarawak.

He bought a set of new sound from me about three weeks ago and after testing it his comment was something like this:

Hi Pak Harry,

Just wanna to share with you the video  clip I shot this morning around 8.0 a.m at my BH in Bintulu. It seem that the swiftlets enjoying the song I got from you earlier on. Thank Mr. Sifu. Your internal and external songs work well at my BH. You are my great Sifu. Your blog is of great source of info to me.

Cc to my two dear brothers in Kuching. Hope you two enjoy nonton VC ini Pak.

J


It is just my ordinary day and all these events makes you feel so proud that my services are greatly required to help every BH owner.

No comments: